The Big Game last night.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I realize everyone has different tastes, so this is just my opinion, not a prelude to arguments. I didnā€™t care for the halftime show. I didnā€™t understand why 100s of people were dressed up in outfits intended for polar bear hunting, but weā€™re dancing instead. Rhianna has a decent voice, but I really struggled to understand anything she was saying. I judge all half time performers by The Who, a few years past. If The Who scored a 10 Iā€™d give last night a 6.
I guess differences make the world go around. Iā€™m glad so many folks seemed to enjoy it, based on on-line stories this morning. Have a great day!

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I realize everyone has different tastes, so this is just my opinion, not a prelude to arguments. I didnā€™t care for the halftime show. I didnā€™t understand why 100s of people were dressed up in outfits intended for polar bear hunting, but weā€™re dancing instead. Rhianna has a decent voice, but I really struggled to understand anything she was saying. I judge all half time performers by The Who, a few years past. If The Who scored a 10 Iā€™d give last night a 6.
I guess differences make the world go around. Iā€™m glad so many folks seemed to enjoy it, based on on-line stories this morning. Have a great day!
What game was that?:icon_scratch:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't watch the halftime show. I went upstairs and watched kids shows with my 3 yr old grandson, because he wanted me to watch something with him. My wife and two of my daughters watched the halftime and when I returned to the game I asked them what they thought and they just said Rhianna wasn't to bad. I instead got to watch a kids show about garbage trucks. Those things are fascinating compared to the garbage trucks of my childhood.

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I didn't watch the halftime show. I went upstairs and watched kids shows with my 3 yr old grandson, because he wanted me to watch something with him. My wife and two of my daughters watched the halftime and when I returned to the game I asked them what they thought and they just said Rhianna wasn't to bad. I instead got to watch a kids show about garbage trucks. Those things are fascinating compared to the garbage trucks of my childhood.
To quote the last Crusader, ā€œyou chose wisely.ā€ As a side bar, there seems to be a theory that more people on the field makes it a more epic performance. I remember Harry Chaplin, sitting on a stool, on a near empty stage and absolutely bringing down the house with applause. Think how good heā€™d have been with 270 back-up dancers.šŸ˜‚

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been trying not to like that kid, but he's such a champion that I must take my hat off to his skills. He reminds me of a modern day brady.....the face of America!!

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I've been trying not to like that kid, but he's such a champion that I must take my hat off to his skills. He reminds me of a modern day brady.....the face of America!!
Heā€™s incredible. I get tired of the announcers fawning over him. 22 players on the field. You only hear Mahomes from the booth.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it was a tough year for us Dolphin fans.....we had super TUA, only his chin was made of glass.....it was still an exciting year for us !! Congrats šŸ‘ to the chiefs !!

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Well it was a tough year for us Dolphin fans.....we had super TUA, only his chin was made of glass.....it was still an exciting year for us !! Congrats šŸ‘ to the chiefs !!
I am a Browns fan. They lost 5 games that they should have won. Took out a pretty good back up QB so they could play their newest high-dollar acquisition. He chokes like a chihuahua eating golf balls. Iā€™m so jealous of teams that know what they are doing. KC is at the top of that list.

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The halftime show is designed for mass appeal, not for sports fans. None of it appeals to me anymore though. The NFL is just one big commercial these days. Didn't watch the superbowl this year, and I won my fantasy league without watching a single game all season.

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
The halftime show is designed for mass appeal, not for sports fans. None of it appeals to me anymore though. The NFL is just one big commercial these days. Didn't watch the superbowl this year, and I won my fantasy league without watching a single game all season.
I understand that. I hardly watched a regular season game the last few years. Multi-million dollar players, some are prima donnas, who donā€™t want contact. Iā€™d let you beat me with a pool cue for $135 million! I grew up watching Ray Nitchke, Jack Lambert, etc. They played hurt and you didnā€™t hear them gripe about every little thing.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was a good match-up. Philadelphia and K.C., both were capable of winning it. I watched the halftime show because I wanted to see why Rihanna was a billionaire. Rated M for mature audiences. Selling the sizzle, not the steak. All the way to the bank.

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
It was a good match-up. Philadelphia and K.C., both were capable of winning it. I watched the halftime show because I wanted to see why Rihanna was a billionaire. Rated M for mature audiences. Selling the sizzle, not the steak. All the way to the bank.
Was she wearing an unzipped snowmobile suit?

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Try being a Bears fan. They have stunk for a long time, except the glimmer of hope we got when Urlacher played.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, thatā€™s not our genre , so we turned the station and watched a rerun of Friends. We thought the commercials were stupid as all get out, also. But, the game was pretty good and thatā€™s what it is supposed to be about.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i admit I find it really hard to care. I was much more excited for FIFA this time around.

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
i admit I find it really hard to care. I was much more excited for FIFA this time around.
I especially like soccer when someone scores. Actually , Iā€™m starting to enjoy it. I didnā€™t at first. Took a while to adapt. Watched some Premiere League games a couple of years ago, and got hooked.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread