Texas City

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check if you need a permit, no hunting in "Harris County " owned parks, ( not City of Houston) , permit needed in La Port. hunting on Thursdays only. Found all this out the hard way.

OP
OP
Gnron

Gnron

Feb 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No permit needed. Any of y'all done any detecting there? Is this a pretty popular and busy beach in the summer time? Ron

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know about the actual dike but along the dike road, the north south one, I dont think a detector is allowed. I am almost positive the park there just inside the dike is off limits as there used to be a very large army base in that area. I know I have two of my very best finds there along 9th av and 6th streets when they were tearing them out a couple of years ago. I dug a Federal Civil War era officers coat button there, NY Excelsior regiment, and a 1940's era ring from under where a sidewalk was in front of where the old high school used to located.
Civil War Heights (1).JPG IMG_3704.JPG IMG_3710.JPG

kdm805

Mar 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a house on 22 nd ave north there intersecting 25th avenue in the curve. in texas city close to the water. that house was built in the 40's or 50's and I am new to the hobby. I like to detect it with someone. and help me learn my detector.
we can split anything we find

Jmann69

Apr 1, 2013
Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a house on 22 nd ave north there intersecting 25th avenue in the curve. in texas city close to the water. that house was built in the 40's or 50's and I am new to the hobby. I like to detect it with someone. and help me learn my detector.
we can split anything we find

Hey Kdm, what kind of detector are you swinging? I'm using an ATP

Jmann69

Apr 1, 2013
Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Kdm, what kind of detector are you swinging? I'm using an ATP

Hit send by mistake.(Fat fingers)

I received an Fisher F2 for my son yesterday. We are in Houston. If you are available this Sunday morning maybe we can head down there. We can search your property then maybe the dike if we have time. I've never detected on the dike before.

John

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im in Texas City give me a holler..Off Thursdays, and Sundays

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never been questioned anywhere in the Dike/Skyline area about metal detecting......We have a great opportunity in Texas City with all the old houses being torn down...I have searched several so far, and done well..Will post some finds...

kajunoutlaw

Jun 3, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 350 / F75 LTD2/ AT MAX/ Multi Kruzer/ Nox 800

Have used many detectors.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll hook up with you in Texas City to go detecting. I live in Pasadena. I've only been doing this since last Dec and I'm looking for places to go.

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I have never been questioned anywhere in the Dike/Skyline area about metal detecting......We have a great opportunity in Texas City with all the old houses being torn down...I have searched several so far, and done well..Will post some finds..."

Gallileo60 - I was referring to the small park on the west side of the dike. i thought I saw signage that said no detectors allowed as to the historical nature of the area. But, I dont live there and havent been along the are since 3 years ago.

Kwillie

May 28, 2016
Galveston Tx
Detector(s) used
Teknetics D 4000
Minelab excalibur II
Minelab go find 20
Garrett AT Pro.
Garrett ATX Deepseeker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to the dike in the morning hitting the water with excal 2. Anyone want to join me, live in League City 646.

Boostedx2

Jun 12, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to the dike in the morning hitting the water with excal 2. Anyone want to join me, live in League City 646.

I have been going to the dike everyday this weekend and can't swing because there are too many people I am also looking for a buddy to do it with.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've hunted the Beach there many times... not an eye bated at me.

I don't think anyone cares about the sand. Not sure about the dirt.

Old post; I know..

Danny.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread