stripping tinnted.silver coated wire

OP
OP
P

petecnc

Dec 17, 2004
wilmington nc
Detector(s) used
used to own a whites dfx. i dont currently own a machine. cant wait to save up for a new machine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nobody? :help:

hypoman

Jul 25, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
is it coated in silver? or silver colored?.....and what's underneath?

OP
OP
P

petecnc

Dec 17, 2004
wilmington nc
Detector(s) used
used to own a whites dfx. i dont currently own a machine. cant wait to save up for a new machine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it has a copper core, and the coating is very shinny. also it doesn't stick to a magnet

hypoman

Jul 25, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
There is aluminum coated, tin coated, and silver coated wire. The tin and aluminum would go for #2 copper at the scrap yard. I don't know about the silver coated as I have never came across any. It is not that much more expensive in the store I believe. Silver coated seems to be used for crafts and electronics, so the gauge would generally be small.That is the extent of my knowledge.Hope I helped a little.

OP
OP
P

petecnc

Dec 17, 2004
wilmington nc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
youve been a big help

thank you...

OP
OP
P

petecnc

Dec 17, 2004
wilmington nc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this wire is mainly from computers it appears to be aluminum wire. and strips very easy. also its the heavier gauge wire .

OP
OP
P

petecnc

Dec 17, 2004
wilmington nc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i dont know if im going to strip all i have. gets boring really fast. but i have to get two disks fused in my neck on monday. might be a good project to do while i heal.

OP
OP
P

petecnc

Dec 17, 2004
wilmington nc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the well wishes on Monday. maybe the pain killers will help with the project .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread