Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi John, Thinking of hunting in my backyard lol Yes i,m a Bendigo boy and yes there is still gold to be found.Will get back to you with a heep info on what coil to use on your gpx and couple of sites to try in the area.

tinpan

Attachments

• S7300930.JPG
    S7300930.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 348
OP
OP
john0061

john0061

Sep 24, 2009
hi bro, what stuff you found ! Gorgeous ! seeing this, i can't wait any second, lol
i've ordered the GPX4500, but have to wait a while, cuz now 300 ppl ahead of me on the waiting list.

please do tell me what coil you use on GPX, and other info, cuz you are my idol, admire you ! and what sites better to try. thank you mate, honours be yours !

John

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
john0061 said:
hi bro, what stuff you found ! Gorgeous ! seeing this, i can't wait any second, lol
i've ordered the GPX4500, but have to wait a while, cuz now 300 ppl ahead of me on the waiting list.

please do tell me what coil you use on GPX, and other info, cuz you are my idol, admire you ! and what sites better to try. thank you mate, honours be yours !

John

John ,Coil used by most gpx users here is 10 x 5 Eilliptical mono. You will find far more gold.

tinpan ps kind of busy tonite will post during the week

OP
OP
john0061

john0061

Sep 24, 2009
hi tinpan, thinking of going to bendigo this weekend or next week, there's a guy coaching detecting, i may join for one day.

what brand coil you use ? which is better, nugget finder or coiltek ?

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi john you got your new GPX ? You thinking of going out Mding with Dave Whatters from Trac-line over at the Iron bark riding school ? Let me know which week -end. I get you a couple of spots before you come. Make sure you get a Miner's Right ?

tinpan

OP
OP
john0061

john0061

Sep 24, 2009
hi buddy, thanks for reminding. i did get that miner's right, :icon_thumleft: just days ago applied it on internet, right away got a pdf format copy.

i haven't got GPX4500, have been waiting over one month, miner's den, the dealer told me have to wait untill Christmas time. but the coach, they have GPX. here's their website, www.goldentriangletour.com.au

i ordered another detector, called gold snoop pro, which is sold from, you know "Jack Lange", don't you ? i saw this machine on his website, so i believe this "cheap" machine will perform good, Jack really a PROFESSIONAL, he authored tons of good stuff. this machine will post in within 1-2 days, then after coaching, i can use this machine to give it a try, or test it. anyway these days nothing to do, so better off making most of these days before Christmas. Bendigo, my dreaming place.

how do you think of that coaching ? please take a look at that site.

these days, preparing for it, fix car, buy some tools, studying prospecting knowledge, etc. what are you doing ?

good on you mate.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi john I have not tried the gold snoop pro but i been told that is quite a good md for its price and does work quite well.I have heard of the bloke called Grechie and Lange but they are not known to me.Kind of funny seeing they only live about 8 blocks from me LOL.I think most mders here in Bendigo keep to themselves. "Miners law" keep your best spots to yourself .There is local md club but i am not member.I,m not just a gold-miner i like old bottle dumps and trash pits too.Let me know which week-end your coming so i can help with your first post on tn. HH

tinpan {}dave Ps i have order another GPx and mine comes wednesday i hope lots of delays

OP
OP
john0061

john0061

Sep 24, 2009
hi mate, supposedly i should get that snoop pro tomorrow, yes , it should be a good machine for its price. been told some guy already found gold nugget with it.

where can i buy a GPX4500 right away ? ! been waiting over one month, dealer told me another month wont be surprised. terrible !

i will let you know when to go, could be next week, this delayed cuz i have no detector on hand. :'(

cheers !

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi john , been busy with work and my 15 year old had a wrist reconstrution last week. yes steel pins and bone graft. Teenager in plaster for 8 weeks. Yikes and Yikes lol.Anyway i checked out the link and seems reasonable. i too ordered my new md 5 weeks a go. My first GPx i got second-hand and its worked hard.No sure if you knew that Bendigo has a population of 100,000 but still has a country style about it.

tinpan

OP
OP
john0061

john0061

Sep 24, 2009
oh, sorry about your wrist. someone said, now sudan found gold, so 80% of the orders was from blacks, they then sell machine there, each could be 8/10 grand. even a second-hand machine can sell $8000, maybe you can sell your old one. ive been to hamilton, passed by ballarat. most of places less populated, except sydney, mel. brisbane. i even had not seen any cars driving about one hr on some country highway. gold snoop pro will be here tomorrow, :hello2: aussie post working like snail, indeed. this weekend i will go to some beach in sydney to try luck for coins :laughing7:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
john0061 said:
oh, sorry about your wrist. someone said, now sudan found gold, so 80% of the orders was from blacks, they then sell machine there, each could be 8/10 grand. even a second-hand machine can sell $8000, maybe you can sell your old one. ive been to hamilton, passed by ballarat. most of places less populated, except sydney, mel. brisbane. i even had not seen any cars driving about one hr on some country highway. gold snoop pro will be here tomorrow, :hello2: aussie post working like snail, indeed. this weekend i will go to some beach in sydney to try luck for coins :laughing7:

Did you read the info put out about Sudan written by the CEO of minelab ? Not my wrist my teenage son

Big idea ??? Why not try the old gold diggings at Lambing Flat or better known as Young .This good practise and if nothing else you should find some nice mining relics and some chiness cash coins.

tinpan

OP
OP
john0061

john0061

Sep 24, 2009
hi mate, how are you ? yesterday i went to a beach and tried that cheapo $279 detector, gold snoop pro. it did find something, in the sand. very tiny pieces of can trash, 2 can lids. it works alright. but i'm still waiting for GPX4500. i imagine, with gpx4500, going to old timers' worked field, you can absolutely find gold ! cuz that's GPX4500.

next wednesday there's a club gathering in sydney, i may go there. when you usually go hunting ? seems you are not a pressional all time hunter, are you ? thinking about i may live in bendigo if i can find gold there. i'd like to be all time hunter. like Chris Golson from Arizona, and Jack Lange. same minded people do same things.

good on you !

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi John we might be both waiting for our gpx,s after xmas. funny we both got thousands of dollars on the table but cannot get what we want. Sorry to have to tell you this but all the gold mders i know make good finds but we still have to work for a living. With families and morgages have to put bread and milk on the table every day. Soon it will be just too hot to go out the gold feilds. most of the gold in the bendigo area is small and takes a of hard work to get an oz. I have had many lean years and even didn,t bother for a few years. But who's to say theres not another "Hand of Faith" out there. Even with the best reseach and a best gold md in the world , you will find condition hard. the ground is like concrete.

tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi john you don,t need a 4x4 just remember to leave the forrest if starts raining .Roads turn to thick slippery mud real quick. For get Inglewood and kingower. Trust me these to place have been hammered to death. Get a map of the Kamarooka state forrest and give a good place to start.This site is massive.

tinpan i,m on holidays from the 23 dec till the 4 jan.anytime after the 27 i think i,m free just need too ask wife ::) ::) ::)

tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi john this gold was found last week within the city boundries.the gold found in not out Tell you more later

2 people using gpx 4500 in a week [not my gold]

Attachments

• S7301339.JPG
    S7301339.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 300
OP
OP
john0061

john0061

Sep 24, 2009
hi tinpan, so will you go out detecting around Christmas time ? you got a detector ? even if not gpx4500, right ?

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
john0061 said:
hi tinpan, so will you go out detecting around Christmas time ? you got a detector ? even if not gpx4500, right ?

hi john, i still have my old gpx and have been hunting this weekend, You need to get some hunting time in and you have to show a little more interest in Treasure Net. Share your stories and admire some of the great finds that are posted daly. You also need to do some research and stop quoting from the "Australia Gold Mag" I,m what is called a Dray drop hunter that is only on type of gold mder and theres plenty of other types.

tinpan

OP
OP
john0061

john0061

Sep 24, 2009
hi tinpan, Merry Christmas & a Rich New Year !

now things almost all ready. you are available after 27th ? may i have your phone number, then i will ring you when i get to bendigo.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
john0061 said:
hi tinpan, Merry Christmas & a Rich New Year !

now things almost all ready. you are available after 27th ? may i have your phone number, then i will ring you when i get to bendigo.

sorry i don't give my phone number to any one, i have my family to think of so. I would like you to tell me where your staying and when in a PM. i can ring and we can go from there. By the way its going too be well over a 100 degrees by the mid-week. so dawn and evening is the best time.

tinpan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions