REWARD $$ - Outer Banks - Lost Class Ring

kd8hf

Nov 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Classic ID
When was the ring lost? Was it dropped, thrown etc?

kd8hf

Nov 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Classic ID
Hang in there, we will do what can be done and I may just give you a call tomorrow to chat.

Gary

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Otto,
My in-laws have a place on the water in Corrola and I'll be down there in August. If the ring has not been found by then I will give a look. Please make sure you update your post if it is located. Also if you have a picture of the house from the beach you may want to scan it then post the picture showing the area you lost it in. Since 2005 it most likely moved around a bit but it will alteast give a starting point.

Good luck.
NJ

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
I spent several hrs hunting at that house in June right after you posted it the first time and had no luck. Had to ask the renters that were in the house at the time if it was ok to cut through the yard and park in the driveway. They were nice and had no problem with it. I covered around the stairs and the wet and dry sand directly behind the house and about 10 yards North and South of it.

Hope someone has better luck!

HH 8) surfrat

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Surfrat,
If you don't mind me asking what type of detector are you using. I want to buy a surf detector before I head down to the OB in August and I'm trying to find out what others are using and if they like it. I currently have a DFX and I like it so I was thinking about White's Beach Master.

NJ

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
N.J.THer said:
Surfrat,
If you don't mind me asking what type of detector are you using. I want to buy a surf detector before I head down to the OB in August and I'm trying to find out what others are using and if they like it. I currently have a DFX and I like it so I was thinking about White's Beach Master.

NJ

Right now I'm using a Excal 1000. I have it for sale right now with some xtra's in the Tnet classified. I'll probably put it on ebay if no one wants it here in a week.

HH 8) surfrat

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will you be staying in the same house when you vacation there this year?

If so give me a shout and i`ll come down and hunt for it, but you must be realistic its been almost 2 years now, the possibility somone else has found it is a very definete possibility.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Otto454 said:
Thanks. I'm arriving Pine Island on June 2, and will stake & string our steps on the beach on Sunday June 3. My hope is to create a "pathway" for any Detectors to search. If it's not in that pathway, then I guess it has been dragged away. The address is "125 Salt House Road"; this is a large beach house, facing the dunes, just north of Duck. If you think you can join me, I will email my phone number. Thanks for your help!!

Otto454, count me in for the "great ring hunt", as long as your paying for the beer ;). PM me your contact info.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now I wish I was going in June instead of August. Good luck everyone. Otto I hope they find your ring and whether they do or don't you should get a picture with everyone that comes out to help and post it. There are some great people on this site and it is nice to acknoledge them when we can. Good luck.

Parkerized

Oct 11, 2006
Coastal North Cackylacki
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000/ Nautilus DMC IIB/CZ-6a/ Tejon
Otto454,
If it's any consolation, there have been alot of folks looking for your ring.It's now a challenge to see who can come up with it. A couple of detecting buddies told me about it and I've looked 4 or 5 times and they've looked many more than that.Somebody at that house likes bud light in the bottle and his buddy drinks Corona, I got about a dozen of their bottle caps but no ring yet. We had a big storm Thanksgiving and it pulled alot of sand out of their, since then it has filled back in. We'll keep checking.
Parkerized

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
otto, don`t stake and string it, strings just get in the way. Go to somepleace like home depot or lowes and get those plastic utility line marker flags and grid it off with them forming a box thats all we need, along the outer perimerter.

kd8hf

Nov 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Classic ID
OTTO454,

I'm going to attempt to join you for this one. The only thing that will keep me from it is if the company sends me out on
a field assignment but that is not likely.

Please PM me with your contact numbers to firm. Oh, don't worry about the beer since I don't consume. ;D

Gary

kd8hf

Nov 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Classic ID
O454

I'm not too sure about the depth but your right about the shifting sand's. It's not going to be a simple task but
I'm game if I don't have to be on the road for work.

Let me know.

Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread