🏆 HONORABLE MENTION Returned School Ring

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thank You Mike!
I received the ring yesterday. I believe you said you found it while metal detecting in October in deep water at XXXXXXXXX beach. Here is a photo of my Dad as a College Frosh:
Here are his scrapbook photos of Summer of '53 while he was with his friends/ HS classmates at that same Park.
That ring may have been lost there that Summer. I figure my Dad was probably on the firm wet sand near the water showing-off to the pretty girls by doing a handstand and then showing how far he could "walk" on his hands! Thanks again.
Mike: I want thank you again for finding my Dad's old XXXXXXXX 1953 ring "EJZ"-and adding an epilogue to his already amazing story.
Please send to me at:

The last few days in October I was able to get in 5 dives at three different locations. This ring was from my newest spot here in NYC. It took me one hour to find the families of the original owner, then three weeks for them to get back to me. The original owner passed away around 2020. The family has never been to where their father grew up and all of them are more than 350 miles away, in different states.
I never ask for a reward but always ask for a picture of the person I return it to for a picture of them with the ring. I never expected what I got in the next email. These are actual pictures of the owner only weeks after getting the ring and only a few weeks before going to college the summer he lost the ring according to his son. This IS the beach where I found it but in deep water.
I've always wondered things like what was it like when the person that lost whatever it is I found, actually lost the item. When did they lose it. We hear the stories, but I don't think ever have the pictures to go along with it. I had to edit the pictures and text to protect my new spot, I know you understand. It was a 10K 25G ring, one of the largest school ring I've ever found.

Attachments

• 72005172302__25E85C28-025E-4E32-AC69-AF88AB4BFAB9.jpg
    72005172302__25E85C28-025E-4E32-AC69-AF88AB4BFAB9.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 27
  • EJZ1.jpg
    EJZ1.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 23
  • EJZ2 EDIT.jpg
    EJZ2 EDIT.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 24
  • EJZ3 EDIT.jpg
    EJZ3 EDIT.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 23
  • EJZ4 EDIT.jpg
    EJZ4 EDIT.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited by a moderator:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the return of the class ring. Great response with an idea of what was happening 70 yrs ago at the beach-just having fun.
Certainly a Honorable Mention would be very fitting for you on for this return.

OP
OP
mike b

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congratulations on the return of the class ring. Great response with an idea of what was happening 70 yrs ago at the beach-just having fun.
Certainly a Honorable Mention would be very fitting for you on for this return.
Thank you. since about 2007 I've returned around 20 items mostly school rings, but this is the best because of the pictures. I hope you opened the pictures, they're much clearer when you do.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you. since about 2007 I've returned around 20 items mostly school rings, but this is the best because of the pictures. I hope you opened the pictures, they're much clearer when you do.
You should click the full image option.
Great looking photos they shared.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread