pro pointer beeping erratically.

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would call Garrett ASAP and stop smacking it on your shovel. If they see anything from abuse they will not warranty it! Call then and ask what steps are needed. Quite sure they will fix it for free.

OP
OP
digger1

digger1

Feb 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the link, pro pointer sucks.too many people have problems with them. Factory defective.

laurenB

Aug 24, 2013
New York
Detector(s) used
V3i, Garrett Pinpointer Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my pro pointer ... but the battery size does may a difference. I had a similar problem .. was using duracells .. read that thread and dumped the duracells .. now it runs for hours ... I LOVE this web site! :notworthy:

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Way over 90% of Propointer owners are ultra pleased. Your luck is what sucks, along with your low threshold of patience for fixes. When you expect cr@p, that's what happens.

OP
OP
digger1

digger1

Feb 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you can honestly say your pro pointer hasn't started acting erratic beeping out of control you won the lotto and got a 1 out of 100 good one. You lucky dog.

OP
OP
digger1

digger1

Feb 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Lauren b,you are absolutely right, I was using eveready gold, energizer & duracell they are all the same size. Rayovac is taller and works good. I glued a piece of foam earplug inside the cap to hold the battery in tighter, now all batteries work. This is a great place for advice.

ForumRunner_20130921_205440.png

ForumRunner_20130921_205512.png

ForumRunner_20130921_205512.png

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you fix the problem. I know the frustration sometimes you just want to launch the item off a cliff! LOL! But to spend $130 for a tool and abuse it just because its not working is foolish. I added a security ring to my PP and also found out that I needed piece of foam or something to make the contact stronger. Never under estimate the manufactures warranty! Garrett has surprised me when I told them about my digger! They have excellent customer service!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread