Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, our third vacation to Onslow Beach on Camp Lejeune has just come and gone. We tend to go twice a year for a week at a time. I detected a total of 10 to 15 hrs in total during our 6 night stay. My last day of detecting, my son was doing the digging for me, we struck gold. A wedding band. Then, we found a silver ring a little closer to the water-line. We were detecting during low tide and working a horizontal pattern with the water. We started where the sand sloped to the surf and went back and forth toward the water. It was interesting to see where finds were being made. I have attached pictures. This is my third vacation to Onslow Beach with the Minelab GT and S-12 coil. My first trip I found a Triton Titanium ring. Second trip I found a gold wedding band. Now this trip I found the finds you see....another gold and silver ring. I hope to keep the roll going when we go to Onlsow Beach, at least one ring! My record thus far is stable! The two quarters in the lower left are silver. One is 1943, the other I cannot see a date. Thanks, Bryan and Wade, 8.

Attachments

• Mar 09 Onslow Beach trip With Boys 027.JPG
    Mar 09 Onslow Beach trip With Boys 027.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,258
  • Mar 09 Onslow Beach trip With Boys 018.JPG
    Mar 09 Onslow Beach trip With Boys 018.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 2,590
  • Mar 09 Onslow Beach trip With Boys 016.JPG
    Mar 09 Onslow Beach trip With Boys 016.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,033
  • Mar 09 Onslow Beach trip With Boys 036.JPG
    Mar 09 Onslow Beach trip With Boys 036.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 1,296
  • Mar 09 Onslow Beach trip With Boys 038.JPG
    Mar 09 Onslow Beach trip With Boys 038.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,149
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mcmurphi

Feb 5, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX • Fisher CZ-21
Excellent! I would of loved to see the faces of those boys digging and finding a couple of rings....great memories!

OP
OP
Gilligan

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mcmurphi said:
Excellent! I would of loved to see the faces of those boys digging and finding a couple of rings....great memories!

I went detecting every day for several hours alone and never found a ring. The last day my 8 yr old, Wade, wanted to come and dig for me. Wham, that is when we found the rings. He first dug the gold ring, I saw it in the sand and said, is that what I think it is? He retrieved the gold ring and we high fived. He was excited. Then about 15 min later he dug the silver ring, we high fived again and now he is hooked. He kept asking if we can go back to the beach to detect, but unfortunately, vacation was over and we had to leave. He is ready for next time!

Jeannie

Nov 22, 2008
Jacksonville, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / Viper Trident
Nice finds!! My husband and I was stationed at Camp Lejeune before we moved down here to Parris Island.

bclark

Jun 27, 2007
Daytona Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Whites Bullseye II
Equinox 800/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived on base there for 6 years with my metal detector and was under the impression that I can not have a metal detector since I was on Federal property Not sure if this was true but I go to Lejeune to hang out with some fellow devil dogs every year or so maybe I should hit it up since I usually go to Emerald Island. Nice finds though, I expecially like the sharks teeth. I found one there on a moto run my old gunny took us on. Happy hunting. Thanks for the pics.

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
how far are you from the outer banks im going there april16th. staying in nags head but probley going to do alot of hunting at corrola beach would like to check out some woods but dont no were to start. anyone out there have any idears., willy.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Looks like the boys hit treasure as well ,, ICE CREAM .. REALLY nice finds That silver Ring will clean up nice . GUZZ :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to bad the detector did not find any sand dollars ;D looks fun nice finds :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Gilligan

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr.Jody said:
:thumbsup:..I have to ask.....Was you on a tv program not to long ago with one of your sons?If not you have a twin brother out here.

Not a tv show, but I was in the Clayton News-Star here in NC with one of my sons. There were some pics in the paper of my son and I. No tv show that I am aware of. Bryan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread