One of the coolest pocket knives I’ve dug.

michael NY

Nov 4, 2007
USA
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Coinstrike, F70, Explorer XS, Sovereign XS, Spectrum, IDX PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug this yesterday with the Explorer XS a couple of early Wheat Cents. This knife has 5 different breeds of dogs on one side flip it over and there are pictures engraved of small game Rabbit, pheasant, I can’t make them all out but five birds. This must have a lot of value to the person who lost this knife man years ago. The blades are rusted i just shot them with some fluid film it will cease the rust. I’m going to gently might even reverse electrolytes this one. Thanks for looking HH
Michael

Attachments

• IMG_4443.jpeg
    IMG_4443.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 159
  • IMG_4442.jpeg
    IMG_4442.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 144
Upvote 22

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A really unique find. I just see horses on the side opposite the dogs. Man's best friends. Well, maybe there is a Colt engraved on the blade.

OP
OP
michael NY

michael NY

Nov 4, 2007
USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A really unique find. I just see horses on the side opposite the dogs. Man's best friends. Well, maybe there is a Colt engraved on the blade.
Hahaha yea it’s horses I showed the boss she saw horses I did the clean up and it’s much more clear. Thank you for nice comment.
Here is the update to it it’s from 1913 I found one one eBay

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug this yesterday with the Explorer XS a couple of early Wheat Cents. This knife has 5 different breeds of dogs on one side flip it over and there are pictures engraved of small game Rabbit, pheasant, I can’t make them all out but five birds. This must have a lot of value to the person who lost this knife man years ago. The blades are rusted i just shot them with some fluid film it will cease the rust. I’m going to gently might even reverse electrolytes this one. Thanks for looking HH
Michael
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting knife makes for a special hunt

OP
OP
michael NY

michael NY

Nov 4, 2007
USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting knife makes for a special hunt
Yes it does make for a special hunt. I have a bunch of old knives I’ve showed a co worker who hunted and trapped and he could really appreciate the knifes history.
It’s still not my favorite one but it’s close. My favorite rusty knife was one was masking Two Standing Liberty Quarters but the donut coil on my Fisher Coinstrike sniffed them all out! A few years ago. Thank you for nice comment

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find :)

OP
OP
michael NY

michael NY

Nov 4, 2007
USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread