OK! Im Going to Giver You SoCal Folks a Potentially Great MDing Site!!!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK! I'm Going to Giver You SoCal Folks a Potentially Great MDing Site!!!

Heading East on Highway 79 from Temecula, you will see off to your right (it is a ways out of town though), an old ramshackle house that is at the back edge of a big field. Made my mouth water just looking at it. Didn't notice anything about the main house on the property until my next trip out.

Turns out that the old ramshackle house is the old Twin Creeks Stage Stop! Who wants to start swinging? As I am WAY too busy with other stuff, I will post the pics of the old Stage Stop and the main house. It will be up to you to get permission from the owners. Just think about looking for the old post holes from the fence line! The Big Old Trees!

If I weren't in the middle of a thousand other things, I would be all over this one!

best-Mike

Attachments

• TCStageStop1.jpg
    TCStageStop1.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 2,184
OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: OK! I'm Going to Giver You SoCal Folks a Potentially Great MDing Site!!!

`

Attachments

• TCStageStop2.jpg
    TCStageStop2.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 2,165
OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

`

Attachments

• TCStageStop1a.jpg
    TCStageStop1a.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 2,143

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Gollum,
I hit this site about a year ago and got nothing. I did find alot of black sand in the creek behind it though. When I went into the station it looked as though it was from the early 1900's as opposed to being from the mid 1800's. However there is a historical marker there.
PLL

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Did you check out the depressions from the old fenceposts, or find where the old fence ran?

Mike

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OOOPPPSSSS !!!

road trip....
PLL

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

totally awesome pictures...omg I love this kinda stuffs.... and here I am all the way over in New Joisey... screamingggggggggg

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's just one of a ton of great sites out here.

It's tough getting away from the beach, but occasionally it is well worth it.

Best-Mike

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Looks like a great spot! Lots of history there.

tapoutking

Jun 27, 2007
Simi Valley California

I know of a few places like this here in SoCal. Some in the High Desert and others in the mountains around Ventura County.

kim_in_socal

May 20, 2006
San Diego

Wow that is pretty cool! I don't travel that way much, but next time I do, I'll see if i cant check it out!
Do you have any places further south? Im in Imperial Beach, looking for some places (that arent the beach!) a little closer to home. Im not too familiar with the history here. I've only recently gotten into MD'ing, purchased an Ace250 several months back. If theres anyone in my area who'd like someone to hunt with every now and then (and doesnt mind having a rookie tag along!) let me know!

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes, and there are tons of them out here. You just have to go to the out of the way places to find them.

Best-Mike

DragunnTiss

Dec 17, 2007

My Dad had 6 acres right across the highway from this stage stop, for over 20 years. He moved back 'into town' about 5 years ago, due to not being able to keep up the work needed on the place. I lived with him after my divorce, for about 5 months, but that was back in '87, and didn't have a clue about metal detecting back then... but was learning some prospecting from him. At the time, the owners of the place were real nice folks, don't know if they still own it or not... would be interesting to know if anybody finds treasure or not!

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Tapoutking, you know some great paces in the high desert how about up around Ridgecrest. I have ventured out some and what i normally find is the left over from people shooting off their guns. Kind of frustrating especially when a place looks promising and you find allot of junk. I am still looking though and if you have any leads on possible areas please let me know. Then i can venture out and take a few pics and show what i found. What I have noticed though that when I use my Garrett 2500 in the desert it just rambles when i am close to the ground. Allot of feedback. I have adjusted the sensitivity and everything. Even went to all metal and it still acts up. If anyone knows how to solve this problem let me know. It is annoying but I am making do. I have been to Burro Schmidt mine and I must respect his wishes. (Notr to take anything) I do not do any metal detecting there. I do not want the bad luck to come down on me, or better yet get the ghost on me. Just for a thought. When I was in Okinawa I went throiugh allot of WWII Caves. What the locals said was when you exit have salt on hand and then flick it over your shoulder. Supposed to take the cave spirit off of you. Who knows but I did it anyway. I figured the locals know more then I do. Well thanks for the pics.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE

IMHO you need a machine that can handle ground that is saturated with high minerals. Hunting in gold bearing area is always hard, that’s one of the reasons they make dedicated gold machines. One could say that Gold has an association with highly mineralized areas like the High and Hi deserts.

Jack Hamilton

Apr 13, 2009
Murrieta Ca
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq

If thats the old house I think it is, It sits in Agaunga. I actually did some tile work for the folks
who's ancestors built that house. I remember the lady telling me she had lived there as a kid. Built
back in the 1800's by her grand parents who settled there. I forget their names, but If I were to put some thought to it, I could probably remember. I know I have their phone number in my old invoices somewhere. Would be cool to talk to them again. They still live across the street from the old house. Couple two or three years ago they built a new home, back patio has a view of the valley and looks
directly at the old house. Makes perfect sense they built where they did.

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Jack,
I also met a guy at the " stage station " hamburger place next to the stop who said he knows where the privy used to be... You up for a little privy diggin ?? If we can find the right info ?? Just PM me.... I'm game

PLL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread