Not the kind of find anyone wants

Nathan W

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2023
Was looking for points at the park on my lunch break and almost stepped on this big son of a b**** at first glance thought it was a cottonmouth but I think it’s a water snake. I was high stepping away lol. This is just a good reminder to always scan around while detecting or walking with your head down.

Attachments

• IMG_5065.jpeg
    IMG_5065.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 187
Upvote 11

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was looking for points at the park on my lunch break and almost stepped on this big son of a b**** at first glance thought it was a cottonmouth but I think it’s a water snake. I was high stepping away lol. This is just a good reminder to always scan around while detecting or walking with your head down.
Looks scary. What state do you live in?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep ; that's go around it size!

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That one does look well fed.

I passed this one in Oct. 2021 as I started to detect. I stopped to put on my gloves and looked back to see it had just stopped as it was crawling beside the trail. I had passed about 2' behind it.

This was the position it took when I went back to check it out. We both parted amicably. LOL

Rattlesnake4.JPG

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 (Stock Coil)
Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Minelab X-Terra Pro (Stock Coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That one does look well fed.

I passed this one in Oct. 2021 as I started to detect. I stopped to put on my gloves and looked back to see it had just stopped as it was crawling beside the trail. I had passed about 2' behind it.

This was the position it took when I went back to check it out. We both parted amicably. LOL

View attachment 2148174
Yet again, a good reminder that others are out there hunting too but don't need a metal detector like we do. LOL

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I actually defend snakes, when possible. A lot of folks kill every snake they see. Most are harmless and have a purpose in nature. I try to live harmoniously with the non-poisonous varieties in my area. Lots of bull snakes. They help control rodent population. Here’s the other side of the coin.😊
IMG_2995.jpeg

Old Jebidiah Springfield started it all!
IMG_2994.jpeg

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One time while walking a woodland trail, a snake crossed my path, and stopped. And I stopped. An inch from my feet, it raised a segmented tail and buzzed. I took the two biggest backward steps of my life, lol, and he bolted too.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
😳

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread