New, looking for florida beach ideas

pmistel

Feb 24, 2008
I just ordered a Garrett Ace 250. I have five and three year old boys, and the five year old has been watching the "Indiana Jones" movies lately. We have been talking about treasure hunting so I ordered the Garrett. We are going to Florida in March and I was wondering if the beaches are a good place to look? I guess we probably won't find Spanish Doubloons, but maybe some lost jewelry?

I have always wanted to get a MD, so I am excited. Maybe I will shed a few pounds.

I guess I am just looking for some ideas about where to look on a Florida beach, so we can find something and not be too disappointed. All advice is welcome, we are newbie's

Thanks

Peter

osiris661

Sep 9, 2005
Key Biscayne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Surf PI Pro, Garrett Ace250, DFX e-Series, Fisher 1280X
I have been hunting "South" Florida beaches for many years and can tell you that the highest probability of finding coins/jewelry/etc. is within 50 to 100 feet on either side of the lifegaurd stands. You can find great things all over the beach and there is no one perfect spot but if you are looking to increase your odds stick around the lifegaurd stands and go at night on a Friday or a Sunday right after the sun sets. Most (not all) Metal Detectorists hit the beaches in the early mornings so beat them to it and go at night after the sun sets. BTW, the Ace 250 is a great dry sand beach machine. Enjoy!!!

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have always found at least one or 2 good things each time at the beach, plus alot of clad, what part of florida, east or west coast?...six

Tim_IL

May 23, 2008
IL
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Whites DFX
Try to stay in the dry sand until you get the hang of things, the wet sand can give you false signals. It can be frustrating when first starting out. The beach entrances, lifeguard towers, and playgrounds have been good to me so far. Good luck

alexfm

Greenie
Dec 16, 2007
Now would be a good time because al these storms are washing up the stuff on the bottom and bringin it to shore. mabyeyou will find some Spanish Doubloons. ;D

nudels

Jun 21, 2008
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Vantage AD-14, Tesoro Sand Shark
One note as previously mentioned, don't be disappointed if the system doesn't work well in the wet sand. The only ones that work well in the wet salt are generally expensive ones. Post your finds! Also check out the beach hunting forum here at tnet. Best wishes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread