New Gold coin

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Attachments

• CLOSEUPCOINS6.jpg
    CLOSEUPCOINS6.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,003
  • CLOSEUPCOINS6.jpg
    CLOSEUPCOINS6.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,018

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Sorry, but I have to ask this -
can you tell me why I should consider your coin over a trusted US mint coin that has a recognised resale value, recognised mintage?
Ive posted a response in the past to your endeavor, I respect your hobby and craft-manship but trying to understand the logic in investing in your coins when it comes to investment purposes, which is what most folks are interested.
Bradyboy

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coin looks awesome. Only question I have is since you are not a US Mint, how can you assign a dollar amount ($100) to the coin?

bobr

May 17, 2006
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
He didn't put a monetary value on the coin itself. If you look carefully there is no dollar amount on the coin. His price is for the gold and cost of manufacture. Also some profit I'm sure.

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coin does show $100
I'm not trying to bash on this but trying to find someone to convince me that this would be a nice addition to my collection
The lack of responses might confirm my concerns in investing in this.
I'm always looking for an opportunity but at this time I don't see it

bobr

May 17, 2006
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
You're right. My bad. I didn't look closely enough. All I saw was the 100%.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I suppose as a commodity, it being a 1/10 of an oz. .999 fine recycled gold @ todays price of $925 an oz. it should be worth $92.50 so If you were to pay $115 + S.H. you could stand to break even, if gold goes over lets say $1,200 make a profit or double up when Gold goes to $2,300

Might not be a bad deal. Plus you never know 100 years from now it could be a rare coin. if it were to say... become recognized and accepted.

OP
OP
jewelerdave

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sales are good considering I am only doing them as a sideline and not advertising with anything that is not free or by word of mouth.
Most of the gold we buy ends up in my jewelry designs www.demokume.com
This is something I am doing for fun, with a "lets see how it does attitude" But already have some larger contracts comming in.
I dont know how many will be made this year, it may be 1000, it may be 500, it may be 20,000. I am going to make them on the demand only.

I will also have some new designs in the coming weeks and months. Next being a coin minted from Colorado Native Gold that assays 93% unrefined, It will be a tribute to the 150th anniversary of the Colorado gold rush and the Clark and Gruber Coins. dont they way they did it back then, out of native gold. It will be like an American Egale, and contain 1/10th ounce fine gold. but be 93% pure and not 22k.

As to the value of the coins etc. that will be something the collectors market will have to determine. These may become something that is valuable, or it may be something that people just dont care about, mintage is limited and most are melted. if thats the case, it may be more than 50 to 100 years before they are "worth" anything. or it may be in 5 years from now they are priced like the 1999 silver quarter sets, impossible to get a hold of and selling for a huge sum. I doubt it, but one never knows.
I like to think that I am adding a small part to Numismatic History. This is the first coin EVER to be minted out of %100 recycled origin metal. yes, FIRST EVER! it will defiantly go down as a sign of the times for this era.

And like history has show, like any new coin, people either love it or hate it. This is fine. I just thought it would be something cool to do. I am keeping mintage and exposure low for the moment.
I dont make much on the coin, for each ring I make I make between $500 to $1000, for each coin its $5 to $15
With the wedding season coming on hard and fast this year most of my time is following the money.
One, because I dont know what the demand would be if I hit hard with advertising. and two I do not depend on the sales of these things to make a living, I may make $5 to $15 of each coin, hardly enough to make a living on, for the numbers I am doing at current but as a sideline, believe me the jewelry pays better. However that being said, I plan on making a number of different coins on the side and because I dont depend on it. This little mint will be around for a very long time.

I have sunk about 11 Grand into this project for the hell of it, Why, because I thought it was neat and I do crazy stuff sometimes. I just want to see how it goes, and I wanted to make cool stuff for my personal collection as well. Talk about a hell of an item to trade for unique items :) I have some really cool stuff coming up on the drawing board. I think people will have fun with what I will have to offer. In the next few months and years you will see what happens when you put a few cynical professional jewelry designers together with a professional die engraver and the ability to refine gold and stamp coin. We plan on having some very beautiful, and some very twisted yet funny things come out.
things such as pirate gold, Inflationary gold Think a picture of a hedge and a bush and a motto "GOLD YOUR HEDGE AGAINST BUSH" I dont think we will launch it as there is so little time for Bush in office, But you gotta admit its funny no matter what your political alignment is. I am sure we will figure out something clever for who ever wins the next election. I wont say the other Ideas we have been putting together but it will be quite colorful and fun as well as some very generic stuff. Either way, I am here to stay and grow this project and dream and mint fun and beautiful coins :)

Vodka1000

Apr 21, 2007
bradyboy said:
I'm Sorry, but I have to ask this -
can you tell me why I should consider your coin over a trusted US mint coin that has a recognised resale value, recognised mintage?
Ive posted a response in the past to your endeavor, I respect your hobby and craft-manship but trying to understand the logic in investing in your coins when it comes to investment purposes, which is what most folks are interested.
Bradyboy
Amen,
I still don't understand what is the reason of doing this>>>> ???

Vodka1000

Apr 21, 2007
bradyboy said:
weight , purity and cost at this time?
I still don't get it. ??? ??? ???
Why we should pay you premium for coins "you made" with no value as a coin - just a gold melt value.
And who knows ---- ???

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
Vodka1000 said:
bradyboy said:
weight , purity and cost at this time?
I still don't get it. ??? ??? ???
Why we should pay you premium for coins "you made" with no value as a coin - just a gold melt value.
And who knows ---- ???
Because he put his time and own money into this. Is he suppose to sell them at cost? I guess all the stuff you sell on here, you never make any profit on?

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice looking design. I am looking forward to seeing your other designs. Looks like a fun project or side hobby to me.

bill-USA

Jun 29, 2004
Somewhere in the US and probably in motion.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That is a very nice looking coin.

I want to say that there are only two designs the I would like to see you attempt. I know I couldn't fund any of the work, but the flying eagle cent has always been an attractive coin, and I'd be very interested in a winged-liberty or 'mercury' type of design. I will put myself on your mailing list in case you ever get around to doing one or the other.

I know I don't get a vote, but wanted to share those two items.

Gorgeous looking indian head and very nice detail on the reverse.

Thanks for sharing the work you've done, here on T-Net.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread