My Sunday hunt

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I've been fighting a nasty, nasty cold:( Anyway, I so wanted to get out for a real adventure on Saturday but wasn't feeling up to it. So I thought, Damnit, I am going out Sunday even if it's to a park! And that's what I did, got up early Sunday morning and headed to the no-no park (one that hubby doesn't like me to hunt as it's in a nasty part of town)...BUT I LOVE this park because *usually* most MD'ers won't touch it cause they're afraid of the crackheads and that means I find a lot of jewelry, tokens, etc

I pull up to the park...I see some guy detecting in the middle of the park. Great. Perfect. Crap. I almost decided to leave and find another spot as I hate to share MY park w/ anyone. BUT, I REALLY wanted to hunt it before it's gone (paving paradise to put up a Salvation Army). I grab my machine and head over to the guy and ask, "so, finding anything good?" He sais naw...then looked at me and asked, "Are you Tori?" hahahahahaha I sheepishly admitted yes because I never let most people see me in my dirt digging attire...or MD'ing Game Face. So, it was the "Granger Guy" (sorry. I forget your user name w/ numbers and the letter 'r'). We had a good chuckle over it....and I had fun chatting with him...a VERY nice guy!

Thanks T-net...I've made another MD'ing buddy! :hello2: :thumbsup:

Tori

PS. no pics of the hunt but I did gather almost 6 bucks in clad, numerous watch pieces, a token, charm, ring, and an Oldsmobile emblem.

THingfool

Feb 7, 2009
NE Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,1280-x,Cortes, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, $6.00 is gas money anyway. But be careful, should always have a hunting buddy in "bad" areas, even tho my buddy is a 9MM...lol. Nice you met rc2125(i think it is) and have a new friend. HH.

Ed

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pull up to the park...I see some guy detecting in the middle of the park. Great. Perfect. Crap.
[/quote]

.....of all the places! :thumbsup: Nice meetin ya!

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
rc2125 said:
I pull up to the park...I see some guy detecting in the middle of the park. Great. Perfect. Crap.

.....of all the places! :thumbsup: Nice meetin ya!
[/quote]

Yeah, it was fun to see ya in person:) So when we heading to the Marsh?
Oh I forgot to add the Sheriff's badge....I discovered it's a Marriott's Great America toy badge. I like it!

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rc2125,

Were you wearing headphones once Vibes introduced herself. With all that chatter she creates, they are a very useful tool to have. :laughing7:

Vibes, You know we care 'bout 'ya and hope you beat that nasty cold. Will tell 'ya about our Ghost Town hunt sometime soon.

HH
DJH

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
diggin jimmy hoffa said:
rc2125,

Were you wearing headphones once Vibes introduced herself. With all that chatter she creates, they are a very useful tool to have. :laughing7:

Vibes, You know we care 'bout 'ya and hope you beat that nasty cold. Will tell 'ya about our Ghost Town hunt sometime soon.

HH
DJH

Believe it or not I wasn't in a very chatty mood due to my cold. He caught on a rare moment. otherwise thanks for the kind words DJH!

I read your ghost town post...does the town begin with a "G"? I have a few new places to explore and can't wait to get out there and dig!

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread