Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started "collecting" old bottles sometime in the mid 80's. We were clearing land to build a house is when I found my first, and they just been popping up ever since. So, I actually don't go searching, but if I see one or two I latch on to them now. ;D Here's what I have found throughout the years. I've been asked by the local library to put them on display there for 2 months, so I've been gathering them up, dusting them off. I will post a library display pic later.

BottlesDug.jpg
The 2 smallest bottles in the center are Dr. Tichenor's Antiseptic
4 Pharmacy bottles
Brown Bottles are unknown
Fletcher's Castoria
The Name St. Joseph Assures Purity
Dr. W.B. Caldwell's Syrup Pepsin
Hinds Honey & Almond Cream and other odd & end bottles​

Bottles(Billy).jpg
These were given to me as a whole collection, by relative from FL (Yard Sales)
Front L-R Woodbury Cream Jar, Morses Indian Root Pills, No ID (looks like a glue bottle), Griffins All-White Shoe Polish, MOM, Foley's Cream, No ID, Syrup of Black Draught, "Squeeze" Pop Bottle
2nd Row, R-L - Brown Bottle "Old Joe Gideon Bros", No ID, NuGrape Pop, Aqua colored bottle is Lea & Perrins, Re Umberto Brand Pure Olive Oil, No ID, "Drink Matay" Pop,
Milk Bottles are Granite Farm, Parks Dairies, "Z" Van Nostrand & Johnson, Pickle Jar?
Back Row - Turpentine Vessel (used to collect pine sap)
Printers Ink Bottle (found in trawling net)​

MilkMaid.jpg
MilkMaid2.jpg
Can't forget about "Milk Maid" cream pitcher, I found her whole...got broken over the years.​

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: My Bottle Collection

River Rat,

Nice collection; thanks for posting.

Ouch :( on the Milk Maid. It happens. :(

have a good un.....
SHERMANVILLE

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good looking collection, I had one collection stolen, & sold another, now am on the third try.

Fossis................

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Judie, very nice collection, I love bottles, especially to display but the big downside to bottle collectin, is they take up soooo much room! So, maybe specialize in smaller ones! :)

You do have a nice variety of different types there, I'm sure the display will look nice, of course you will take a photo of it and show us later. ;D

Don

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2

Nice bottles RR,Im with Don they take up a ton of room. Ive been digging and collecting them for many years and have gotten quite particular over time. I try and save only little bitty bottles if they have embossing,any old med as long as it is embossed. I also love old milks but only keep them if they are embossed unless its a cream top. Old inks and poisons are some of the best bottles to keep and they are small so thats an added bonus. Any bottle with a pontil mark in the bottom is a keeper. Thanks for the birthday card and keep safe out there,snakes are getting angry this time of year...Shoot

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Judie - Those are great pictures of a beautiful collection. Thank you for posting! I have like six or seven bottles... nothing near as sexy as your collection.

OP
OP
River Rat

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest: