some jade finds 005 resize 1.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 1,353

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice jade we have a smaller collection too.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful stuff, I have a slice of green California jade on a stand that I traded for

Fossis................

S

stefen

Great specimens. Equal to or better than what I have been able to find. Did you find these at Jade Beach?

Years ago, at Jade Beach, which is just a little south of the Big Sur, I found a water worn piece of emerald green jade about the size, shape (and polished smooth surface) of a potato and has similar inclusions as yours. Certainly not gem quality by any means. Also have a jar full of smaller Jade stones similar to yours, except mine are all emerald green. See the Jade piece in the 4th picture down...mine are about that color.

Don't know if you have been there but its one hell of a climb down to the beach from HWY 1.

There is (or was) a art gallery / museum of sorts, in the Big Sur, and on the inland side of Highway 1, that had several chunks 3' or 4' high and about 3' diameter.

One piece in particular was is what is called Grape Jade was spectular...prime gem quality. I wouldn't mind having it for a door stop ;)

If nothing else, and I think that you agree that the drive from Cambria to Carmel-By-The-Sea, is the most spectacular scenic drive ever...and I have driven the entire length all the way to Oregon.

Found this on tghe web, the California Jade pictured below is 2.4 X 1.3 inches and weighs 31.5 grams is selling for $125. One boulder is $4000.

Based on that, and with your pebble size examples, another trip would be well worth the drive.

Attachments

• pocket005s.jpg
    pocket005s.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 2,430
OP
OP
patpall22

patpall22

Jul 4, 2006
Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, whites DFX, XP DEUS, etrac and sandshark
stefen said:
Great specimens. Equal to or better than what I have been able to find. Did you find these at Jade Beach?

Years ago, at Jade Beach, which is just a little south of the Big Sur, I found a water worn piece of emerald green jade about the size, shape (and polished smooth surface) of a potato and has similar inclusions as yours. Certainly not gem quality by any means. Also have a jar full of smaller Jade stones similar to yours, except mine are all emerald green. See the Jade piece in the 4th picture down...mine are about that color.

Don't know if you have been there but its one hell of a climb down to the beach from HWY 1.

There is (or was) a art gallery / museum of sorts, in the Big Sur, and on the inland side of Highway 1, that had several chunks 3' or 4' high and about 3' diameter.

One piece in particular was is what is called Grape Jade was spectular...prime gem quality. I wouldn't mind having it for a door stop ;)

If nothing else, and I think that you agree that the drive from Cambria to Carmel-By-The-Sea, is the most spectacular scenic drive ever...and I have driven the entire length all the way to Oregon.

Found this on tghe web, the California Jade pictured below is 2.4 X 1.3 inches and weighs 31.5 grams is selling for $125. One boulder is $4000.

Based on that, and with your pebble size examples, another trip would be well worth the drive.
hello stefen,

In answer to your first question, yes most of my finds are around the area of jade cove, but the bigger brown (Vulcan)jade was found more inland around placket creek. Finding bigger stones on the beaches (rocks) in that area yield much smaller pieces but true beauties. Finlay yes, the drive on highway 1 is spectacular. that hole area is my favorite place of all time, and I was blessed to have grown up in such a spot. If you ever want any tips for finding jade in that area, don't hesitate to ask. I am currently a geology student as SDSU and have done some extensive research regarding the jade vain's in central CA.

T

TreasureTales

That's a great collection of natural treasures. I've heard of the Jade in your area, but this is the first I've seen of it. I have a friend who found a piece of jadeite here in N.CA and it's the grape variety...very deep green and absolutely cool.

JackSparrow

Mar 1, 2007
Ahoy mate. Some of that jade you've plundered there seems to be from a very familiar booty store. I might haave sailed by the site with my crew....or, you've gone and jumped ship by using my affects. I'm keepin an eye on ya scabbard!

S

stefen

???

Pictures are for demonstration and conversation purposes only and not to take credit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread