Moving to Phoenix area....Anything I should know? Tell me, please

Satori

Aug 1, 2007
Anywhere there's treasure
I'll be moving to Phoenix in 3 weeks to start a new life cycle (lost savings, lost business, home foreclosed). Don't know where I be living but .....
I know I'll be doing some prospecting, exploring & MD'ing (have to get a MD). Anything interesting about the people or Arizona in general you want to tell
me would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Satori (David)

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arizona does not do day light savings time. Great place to fing gold, meteorites and rose hips? (little copper formations). My wife is from Yuma. I have swam on Christmas and New Years day near Yuma. Cars last forever no road salt. Dust devils are cool. That about does it.

Ed D.

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
Don't chastise me......I am nearly telling it the way it is....in and around phx when on the freeways most of us Do not use turn signals.....The reason for this is... if you want to change lanes ....just do it..... because when you put your blinker on.....the guys in the other lane almost all ways speeds up.....from behind rather than slowing down....this kind of leads to secondly.....

secondly......we drive fast out here.....so if you drive 55.....stay in the slow lane.....speed limit is 75 on the highway.....normal speed 85+......this is no joke.....
we had a guy actually film himself speeding on the freeway .....he made 3 passes in excess of 200mph, his top speed was 221mph.. and he jokes that it was done on pump gas....not racing fuel.....true story....last I looked the video was still on you tube.....

here is a bit of trivia.....phx has the highest percentage rate of (Ferrari, lambo and corvettes) exotic car crashes and the vast majority are out of state drivers...... since most owners and renters of these vehicles are from out of state visiting during the winter months.....they are just not use to the higher speeds when they open it up.....yes speed kills.....and we have a lot of crosses on the sides of the freeways to remind you to remember that each cross marks a death.......SLOW down,,,

db

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
Back to what I was talking about earlier SLOW DOWN SNOW BIRDS......another out of state driver shows off his talent........not even a week went by and look............ :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

db

Attachments

• testrossa a.jpg
    testrossa a.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 303
  • testrossa b.jpg
    testrossa b.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 669

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice picture Dan, but that isn't a Testarossa. It's a 348, which was built right before the very popular 355.

tertiaryjim

Aug 5, 2008
Check out Treasure Marks/Signs Posts on this site are awesome and you will find a lot of this stuff in AZ. Jim

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
yea.....I thought it looked a little funny but couldn;t put my finger on it......any ways.....that.s just how i named it,,,,, when I stored that file to my computer...mental reference....I am not a Ferrari expert.....

but I did drive this over the weekend......

Attachments

• RRlimo c.jpg
    RRlimo c.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 329
  • RR limo b.jpg
    RR limo b.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 400

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
buy bottled water!! and lots of it....plenty warm around there and the water is NASTY....at least it was years ago when I spent a few months there! lol Wish I had been into detecting back then to give you some tips in that respect. Best of luck to you on your new adventure!

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
papago park and encanto park big old parks south mountain park palos verde river prospecting find where old grey hound dog track was the three parks and the race track good places to md side arm law in arizona might check first when i was there if no felony you could carry it on side like cowboy keep eye out for rattlers of course every knows they bad news scorpions some venomus and some venomus lethal and black widow spiders very painfull and venomus and lethal and leave the pretty colored lizards alone that look like indian bead work they are poisinous called gilla monsters there are prospecting clunand md clubs in and around phoenix and say off of van buren st 16th and van buren hooker heaven bad palce and see if arnolds pickles are still in business they are good good places to shop pic and save smittys and find the cowboy restaraunt and tavern it is on bell road i believe around 35 th st oh yeah there is old tuscon and rawhide wild west towns stay away from scottsdale uppity people just across the canal from pheonix and they drain the canals once a year for maintenace and look for stolen cars and bodies there are old parts of towns old houses and i believe you can run a sluice box in just about every creek that come out of the hills and find color definetly get a sluice box come classifiers and some gold pans check with garretts md company they sale a good set up for gold panning and get a good shovel pick prybar and sledge hammer and a medium size rock chisel set

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions