mineralization in West Tenn.

recshooter

Jun 26, 2007
Hi, I live in West Tennessee and am looking to get back into metal detecting. I delved into it a bit back in the 80's when I was about 12. I was wondering if the ground here in West Tenn. is highly mineralized or if it varies alot from place to place. I was considering getting a Tesoro Cibola (no ground balancing) or a Tesoro Vaquero (ground balancing) which would any of y'all reccommend. I thought perhaps since I'm new, the Cibola would be less frustrating and I could focus on just hunting, however I would hate to buy it and 2 months later wish I had gotten the Vaquero. Any thoughts or advice?
Thanks,

sarge relics

Greenie
Jul 27, 2005
West Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, w/6X10 DD
One of my huntin buddies just traded in a "Tejon". He elected to use the White's MXT instead. I use the MXT also and I'm very happy with it. The ground in W. TN varies. Not very much in some locations, yet extreme in others. The MXT has an automatic ground balance that seems to work well and is very un-noticable. We hunt the entire area of West Tennessee. Send pm for more details.

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm in N. Alabama and the ground here is a lot like that in W. Tennessee. I too, opted for an MXT because of the ground. But, I also got it because of some of the other features, like two tone ID and a pretty decent selection of coils.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread