001.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 347
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 339

808kaz

Nov 22, 2009
OAHU, HAWAII
WOW!!! :o Awright looks like 876 in the Hawaiian Bottle Book with the asterisks next to the number :thumbsup: According to the book when it was published in the 80's 5 or less know good ones has been found, good score!!!! :thumbsup: RARE FIND!!!! AND YOU NEVER KNOW YOU HAD'UM TO LATER ON :o GOOD SURPRISE!!!!
808KAZ

dustcap

Apr 1, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo, Minelab Sovereign XS 2 Pro and Fisher 2 box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you find glass? I once knew a guy that collected bottles and sold them to collectors but he searched trash dumps and did "pot holing" with a stick.
Care to enlighten me (and those of us who may be interested?)

-Ken "dustcap" Chichester

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
dustcap said:
How do you find glass? I once knew a guy that collected bottles and sold them to collectors but he searched trash dumps and did "pot holing" with a stick.
Care to enlighten me (and those of us who may be interested?)

-Ken "dustcap" Chichester

We are fortunate to have a big trench to dig in right now. I have hunted in the desert in Arizona, further southwest in Tombstone, Fort Huachuca and Bisbee. The desert is really tough unless you find the big city dumps. Sometimes you can find camp sites with surface finds. I had a tough time over there. It was very hot. You will usually find rusted cans and other metal mixed with broken bottles and china dishes. Instead of a stick, we use spring steel probes to determine whats underneath the surface. I would join up with the Phoenix Bottle club for better info. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread