Metal detecting the treasure coast tomorrow(4-18-24)

Ben Smith

Aug 16, 2008
Warrensburg,Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone!
I’m in Sunny Orlando,Florida for a friend’s Wedding. I have some free time tomorrow the 18th, where I’ll be detecting the area around Sebastian inlet, and the other areas where wreck sites are.
Is there any particular area that I should concentrate my efforts on while I’m there?
I would love to find just one silver coin,
But I’ll settle for what I can find.
Any pointers would be appreciated!
By the way, I am using an Equinox 800, my first beach search with this machine. Are there any specific settings I should be running out there?
Thanks!
Ben Smith

Upvote 0

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the Treasure Coast. Haven't found much lately. You can avoid Turtle Trail, south of Sebastian, I believe it is still undergoing beach renourishment.

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
Hello everyone!
I’m in Sunny Orlando,Florida for a friend’s Wedding. I have some free time tomorrow the 18th, where I’ll be detecting the area around Sebastian inlet, and the other areas where wreck sites are.
Is there any particular area that I should concentrate my efforts on while I’m there?
I would love to find just one silver coin,
But I’ll settle for what I can find.
Any pointers would be appreciated!
By the way, I am using an Equinox 800, my first beach search with this machine. Are there any specific settings I should be running out there?
Thanks!
Ben Smith, I detect from the water line to the blanket area, back and forth (east to west) until I hit a good target the I switch and follow that line north and south from where I detected the good target, thing at the shoreline have a tendency to follow a straight line. It's all about the wave action look at how they break and the undertow pulling back out (North & South) GOOD LUCK

OP
OP
B

Ben Smith

Aug 16, 2008
Warrensburg,Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, another trip to the treasure coast come and gone, no coins, found a few lead sinkers, some aluminum can remnants, some small stainless metal shards. And I had park rangers set me straight with where I could or couldn’t search.
According to them, you can only search from the waters edge to where the kelp or sea debris stops on the beach, otherwise they consider that area up to the vegetation “the dunes” now, that’s totally different from what the Palm Beach Metal Detector club president told me……

This was at the Sebastian Inlet State
Park, (South side)
I did a very thorough job of combing the area.
Oh well, next time the wife can stay at the hotel, she didn’t like the Two hour drive to get there from Orlando.

We are here for a family friend’s Wedding, so no more time to search this trip.
I think I need a little more schooling on the proper setup and testing of the Equinox 800 before I do anymore serious hunting though.
Have a good one!
Ben Smith

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never had a ranger ever even approach me, north or south at Sebastian. Only place I have been told not to detect was the small swim area on the northside. Sorry your trip did not produce more for you.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh well, next time the wife can stay at the hotel, she didn’t like the Two hour drive to get there from Orlando.
🤣 Sounds familiar ... Welcome to the party !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread