Maryland Freestate Treasure Club

Dual Hunter

Jan 18, 2009
Middle River MD.
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx 3030. Xp deus.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Does anyone know if this group is still active? there website is gone ,i went to the meeting ,last Tues of January to check it out , no one was there, of course the weather sucked it may have been canceled.contacted the couple contacts i found associated with the club still haven't heard from one and no rely at all from the other.any other groups in the Baltimore area anyone knows of?
Dual Hunter

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked to a guy who runs their club. Jay is his name. They did not have a meeting on Tue. (weather) and they dropped the website 'cause of finacial reasons. I've heard from others this is a club you may want to stay away from. Apparently they tend to do a lot of "fake" hunts. Now this is what I'm being told. I'm checking out another club that meets in Glen Burnie. Seems more promising.

OP
OP
Dual Hunter

Dual Hunter

Jan 18, 2009
Middle River MD.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thanks for the info,i was thinking the same thing. the only drawback it was close to my home,i checked out the one in Glen Burnie online,i think that's Chesapeake Society ? i may go to check them out, a little far to go but seems there's nothing close to me worth getting involved in.
Dual Hunter

Joe Kerr

Jan 27, 2008
I don't know if you gentlemen are interested, but M.A.R.S meets the 4th Wed. of the month in Linthicum.

OP
OP
Dual Hunter

Dual Hunter

Jan 18, 2009
Middle River MD.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks....Joe ,yes I've done some research of them online to, seems there a little far to for me to go every month for a meeting , but i don't see anything in my own area,i still haven't got a reply from my email to M.a.r.s but i got a friendly invite from Chesapeake Society, they meet in Glen Burnie this month . seems hooking up with people to buddie with isn't easy on here a lot of people seem to only check there emails a month or so,how do you set up a hunt with someone who never responds back for weeks? I'm kind of spur of the moment guy or a least planning a few days ahead.
Dual Hunter

macrota

Greenie
Dec 9, 2012
Baltimore
Detector(s) used
White's Electronics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Maryland Free-State Treasure Club is and was still active even if the last webmaster let the ball drop.
The new URL for the club is Maryland Free-State Treasure Club
Meetings are held the last Tuesday of the month, 7pm at Victory Villa Community Center, 404 Compass Rd E, Middle River, MD 21220
Contact Bud Lamb at [email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread