Latest Finds...

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As of yesterday, I finished a stretch of working 12 days straight. That left little time for swinging. On 4-26-24, a construction crew was digging to repair my mom's home foundation, so I had to take an hour and go down and check the dirt they had brought to the surface. I was able to pull 2 dimes and a 1944 wheat penny from that soil.

P1001381_WM.jpg
P1001382_WM.jpg
P1001383_WM.jpg
P1001384_WM.jpg

Today, it was looking like rain but I was determined to get out. I decided to go to one of our parks where I had left a bunch of coins buried for later recovery. However, since the township carnival is going on, the parking lot for the park was closed off. So, I hit another park. I found a couple fishing lures, and an odd piece that looked like a coin run over by a train. I stopped and asked the fisherman if they wanted the lures, which they were happy to have.

P1001387_WM.jpg
P1001388_WM.jpg

After that my wife and I decided to go for a walk at another park in our township. I took the Manticore since I've been wanting to search the woods at this particular park. I've been using the M8 on the Manticore exclusively. Lots of iron, but I was only looking for high tones. I eventually came across two 79-80 signals that turned out to be dimes.
P1001385_WM.jpg
P1001386_WM.jpg
On my way out of the woods I came across a 39-40 that turned out to be a bullet. At least that what it looks like.
P1001389_WM.jpg
P1001390_WM.jpg
P1001391_WM.jpg

Halfway around the pond I hit a banging 84 which turned out to be a dinosaur token. I initially thought it was a half dollar.
P1001392_WM.jpg
P1001393_WM.jpg

It was a pretty good half day in my book. My fields are being planted so it's time to find more permissions. I picked up another field in a neighboring township that had two houses and a school on the 1860 map and a park that public works is rebuilding. I haven't been to those yet; the field is too overgrown to swing right now.

Thanks for looking...

Upvote 9

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s still some fun finds. I’ve not seen the dinosaur token before. And that one thing is definitely a bullet.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did good :) Thanks for sharing with all of us :)

OP
OP
sibbley

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like your dinosaur token. Those were freebies inside Post Fruity Pebbles and Cocoa Pebbles cereals in the late 1970’s/early 1980’s.
Thanks for posting that information. I haven't had any luck finding where that token came from.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread