Kellyco: WHY!!!??...

L0STANDF0UND

Mar 29, 2013
Maysville Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered a Tesoro Vaquero online from Kellyco two mornings ago. The first issue that came up was me having to call them to clarify the address listed for my MasterCard on short notice. After doing so, I checked my bank account and sure enough, they withdrew the money from my account. I thought to myself 'Well that's great, I guess my new metal detector will finally be shipped out'. WRONG. Two days later, I checked my order online and it stated that it was still "pending fulfillment". Evidently they took the money out of my bank even though they knew they did not have the detector in stock. That bothered me. I called Kellyco and spoke with a helpful employee named 'Ron' in the 'purchase dept'. He said that they have a shipment on its way from the Tesoro manufacturing warehouse out in Arizona and it will take another 5-8 days before they will be able to ship it to me where I live in Michigan. The next thing I did was call Tesoro to verify what 'Ron' told me was true. A woman in the office told me that they still have to build 12 Vaqueros on back-order for Kellyco, and it will likely arrive in Michigan in roughly 2 weeks. Well, looks like I'm playing the waiting game. Not what I expected, but could always be worse.
MAKE SURE THEY HAVE YOUR DETECTOR IN STOCK BEFORE ORDERING IT ONLINE. I have faith that the Vaquero will be worth the wait.

UPDATE: I received my Tesoro Yesterday (4/16/2013) a day before fed-ex estimated delivery. I spoke with a Kellyco associate named Joe on the telephone, he was very helpful, he deserves a promotion in the company if you ask me. After all my moaning and groaning, my detector is here now and works flawlessly. I think my impatient nature played a large role in my complaints here on this thread. For that I apologize to Kellyco, and anyone else who might have not purchased items from them due to this thread freaking you out. My next step is to find someone to pair up with for treasure hunting- preferably a waitress from Hooters ;)

Last edited:

Ihatepoisonivy

Feb 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I waited, I did lots of research and lined up 5 good places to hunt, used google earth to mark locations and information. Turned out to be a good tool.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To quote an old ketchup commercial...Anticipation.... Sorry you didn't know it was back ordered....

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your experience with Kelly Co. They seems to have growing pains. By contrast I ordered a Vaquero two weeks ago from Metaldetector.com on a Monday and had the detector in my hands that same week on Friday.

OP
OP
L0STANDF0UND

L0STANDF0UND

Mar 29, 2013
Maysville Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's exactly what I've benn doing lol! I've been staying busy checking out old maps of my area and doing research. YouTube Vaquero videos help pass the time too. Kelly co did me dirty. Dirtier than dirt.

OP
OP
L0STANDF0UND

L0STANDF0UND

Mar 29, 2013
Maysville Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found some really neat sites that provide old historical maps. There is a lot more to 'old Michigan' than I had thought. Maybe the delay will benefit my knowledge of good hunting grounds ( making an effort to stay positive)

rjsupersonic

Aug 5, 2011
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark /10.5 Fisher F75LTD, X-Terra 705 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same thing happened when I ordered a Sand Shark from Kellyco, they said it was on back-order I waited for 2 weeks and still nothing. I cancelled the order and went through another dealer and had the unit in my hands in 5 days. The bad thing is they don't tell you its on back order until they have your money. I wont order from them anymore!

OP
OP
L0STANDF0UND

L0STANDF0UND

Mar 29, 2013
Maysville Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel like I just got punched in the gut by Chuck Norris. Maybe I should do myself a favor and back out of the deal. It hurts me to hear that.

OP
OP
L0STANDF0UND

L0STANDF0UND

Mar 29, 2013
Maysville Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update: I called Kellyco this morning to void my payment. An employee named Steve informed me that he could send out the showroom 'display model' and provide me with a discount on the purchase, seeing as how the unit had been un-boxed. After talking to Steve, the order went out almost immediately, and I managed to save a little bit of money. Good things work in mysterious ways.
:occasion14:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
Outstanding L0STANDF0UND! Let us know when it arrives.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still waiting on my order of 4-3-13---today 4-14-13-----bummed bigtime

OP
OP
L0STANDF0UND

L0STANDF0UND

Mar 29, 2013
Maysville Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch!!:( Have you called them to see what is going on ? I will post some picks as proof when my package gets here lol' might be awhile

OP
OP
L0STANDF0UND

L0STANDF0UND

Mar 29, 2013
Maysville Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try calling the manufacturer of the product, just to make sure they have recently shipped to kellyco. That might get you a good wait estimate.

OP
OP
L0STANDF0UND

L0STANDF0UND

Mar 29, 2013
Maysville Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seemed to me that when I called to void my payment, and get reimbursed, things started moving at a faster pace. No pain, no gain I guess. Evidently since 2005, Kellyco's metal detector sales have increased by 65%. I feel that they do an honest business and are trustworthy, it must be hard keeping up with all of the sales around the country. Sometimes with things like that you just have to light a fire under their arses.

Kellyco Joe

Jul 30, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
E-Trac
Tesoro Tejon
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered a Tesoro Vaquero online from Kellyco two mornings ago. The first issue that came up was me having to call them to clarify the address listed for my MasterCard on short notice. After doing so, I checked my bank account and sure enough, they withdrew the money from my account. I thought to myself 'Well that's great, I guess my new metal detector will finally be shipped out'. WRONG. Two days later, I checked my order online and it stated that it was still "pending fulfillment". Evidently they took the money out of my bank even though they knew they did not have the detector in stock. That bothered me. I called Kellyco and spoke with a helpful employee named 'Ron' in the 'purchase dept'. He said that they have a shipment on its way from the Tesoro manufacturing warehouse out in Arizona and it will take another 5-8 days before they will be able to ship it to me where I live in Michigan. The next thing I did was call Tesoro to verify what 'Ron' told me was true. A woman in the office told me that they still have to build 12 Vaqueros on back-order for Kellyco, and it will likely arrive in Michigan in roughly 2 weeks. Well, looks like I'm playing the waiting game. Not what I expected, but could always be worse.
MAKE SURE THEY HAVE YOUR DETECTOR IN STOCK BEFORE ORDERING IT ONLINE. I have faith that the Vaquero will be worth the wait. :angry9:

Hi Lostandfound,

When you place an order online, it's important that you accurately enter the billing address information associated with the payment instrument you are using. This is to protect you, in case somebody steals your card and orders stuff pretending to be you.

The first issue that came up was me having to call them to clarify the address listed for my MasterCard on short notice.
Was because the billing information you entered online did not match what the credit card company had and they rejected payment. We phoned you to have this corrected so that you would get the item you ordered.

After doing so, I checked my bank account and sure enough, they withdrew the money from my account.

As with most online retailers, we do a card authorization with the issuing Bank. This checks that you have the funds available and authorizes the transaction. The Banks protect themselves by putting a Block on these funds, so that you don't spend them so that when the item is billed, funds are available. The FUNDS are still in your account, they have not been sent to Kellyco at this stage.

ONLY when we ship the product are funds taken from your account. it was scheduled to be delivered on 17th April.

I know it's confusing sometimes, and there are delays when we don't get the correct details, but this really is a good thing, that the banks are checking this stuff to protect us all from false shipments. I'm sure you will receive your detector ok on the 17th, let us know what your first find is. People love this detector, but I guess you already knew that as its been hard to get, but worth it!

OP
OP
L0STANDF0UND

L0STANDF0UND

Mar 29, 2013
Maysville Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Joe, yes you did phone me. The address issue was my fault. I had double spaced my street number (3Mile) from my actual house number on the street so they did not run together. Two more days until delivery! :headbang: I agree though, it is much better that you double check issues like that. Better to be safe than sorry (considering the degree of theft in the country) Thank you for the response. Patience is a virtue.

OP
OP
L0STANDF0UND

L0STANDF0UND

Mar 29, 2013
Maysville Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think half of the problem stems from me not being a patient individual, but on the other hand, I have had bad experiences ordering things online, which leaves me somewhat paranoid.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread