Just one Indian, but a good date

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that the tornado sirens have died down, I managed to crawl out of my basement and snake my way through all the fallen trees to the nail road. Managed just one good target among many nails, but she was a good one.

IHP Obverse 050824.jpg IHP Reverse 050824.jpg

If only there were a way to get the two small bits of corrosion off her, she'd be a pretty coin.

Today's find...

1876 Indian Head Penny

PBS

Upvote 27

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you're going to find just one good target, might as well be a beauty like that Indian- one year away from the key and in spectacular shape!
I'm not advocating cleaning, especially on something that nice, but I remove crud like that on Indians by putting them in boiling hydrogen peroxide for 10-15 minutes, then using either a toothpick dipped in olive oil or a Q-tip in same and a gentle scrubbing- works well for me. GL!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that the tornado sirens have died down, I managed to crawl out of my basement and snake my way through all the fallen trees to the nail road. Managed just one good target among many nails, but she was a good one.

View attachment 2148044 View attachment 2148045

If only there were a way to get the two small bits of corrosion off her, she'd be a pretty coin.

Today's find...

1876 Indian Head Penny

PBS
Nice find.... distilled water? What's the mintage on the 76?

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're going to find just one good target, might as well be a beauty like that Indian- one year away from the key and in spectacular shape!
I'm not advocating cleaning, especially on something that nice, but I remove crud like that on Indians by putting them in boiling hydrogen peroxide for 10-15 minutes, then using either a toothpick dipped in olive oil or a Q-tip in same and a gentle scrubbing- works well for me. GL!
I've never tried boiling HP...I might give it try...

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Today's find...

1876 Indian Head Penny

PBS
Very nice indeed !

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never hear of that, does it take the Patina off ?

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Today's find...

1876 Indian Head Penny

PBS
nice find between the nails

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great looking coin!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Today's find...

1876 Indian Head Penny

PBS
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread