Incass treasures

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Incas's treasures

Good morning Beth: the tunnels near here are obviously man made, supposedly square cut tunnels, rooms, artifacts, gold ornaments, etc. Fascinating and have never been probed except for a few hundred ft.

The last story that I have was a local who finally developed enough courage and entered. He was gone for several days, and then was found wandering around below the area in a semi dazed condition, similar to oro.

He said that he had found many rooms with different things in them, figures, and utensils, artifacts, and finally a room with jars and bowls filled with Gold in nugget form. He filled his knapsack as full as it could handle and tried to leave, but the many different turns and twists confused him.

It was two days before he stumbled on the right one and emerged, basically incoherent and deranged. He ran and stumbled for hours, often falling, then found that somewhere he had lost his knapsack. He did not have a knapsack or anything else to show for his experience, when he was found, so he was dismissed as using his imagination too freely, or just plain crazy.

Several years later a cowboy on foot looking for cows, found a knapsack lodged in the fork of a small tree, it was full of gold nuggets, so it was proven that part of his story was true, but unfortunately he had died, having never recovered.

Apparently there are several known entries, but no one will enter. To date no-one knows who, how, or when the tunnel system was made, nor for what purpose?

It is extremely curious the similarity in various parts of the world of extensive tunnel making, tunnels that were not for mining. Many are very extensive, yet no debris from the construction has been found. How did they do it?

In the "Rivers run East", the author Leonard clark, describes long well made tunnels with monkeylike inhabitants still living in the pitch black darkness?

More on the Incan tunnels, more .

Don Jose de La Mancha

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don Jose,

It's interesting that you mention about the "monkeylike" inhabitants. I would add the world "smaller" into that description - at least according to some archaeologists.

There has just been so many discoveries - mostly since 2000, give or take - it is mind-boggling how we missed so much. Of course, the local lore was not listened to, and considered just that - lore.

From the Wari peoples cultures, tunnels, burial sites, sacrificial sites, agriculture, etc., (who were also found in Mexico) to the, at least 50 other
groups of indigenous cultures, each with their own separate languages and customs - Peru has some 20,000 years of proven habitated history, complete with their own cultures, tunnels, religious objects and God only knows what else.

I think we have just scratched the surface of Peru's history with the several "expeditions" that are occurring. I think part of the mystery of Peru, is that the "experts" are pretty sure that when the Spanish came into Peru, they enslaved a big part of the indigenous population - with a suspicion that many of the tunnels, etc., were Peru's version of the underground railroad.

This MIGHT explain no debris - as they would, I would suspect, try to hide any evidence that they were trying to get away (like prisoners digging a tunnel to escape, you have to haul away the soil, etc., to avoid detection).

I think, with all the different cultures, that each discovery in Peru is a story all its own - but, its all very interesting, imo. I would love to visit there myself.

Beth

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS

My long-time TH partner worked in Peru for years and got in with the locals who took him to a number of 'unknown' sites up in the hills and told him many stories about the old days - the Spanish invasion era and prior. The legends of the ancient tunnels are widespread and accepted as factual. Allegedly the tunnels far, far predated the Inca, but were discovered and used by them. The 'lost wanderer' version my pal was told had the lost guy finding a full-sized solid gold statue of an Inca in the tunnels holding a golden ear of corn. When the guy finally found his way back to the outside world, he was babbling incoherently and still clutching the golden ear. Quien sabe?

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other

hello All

Wow! the topic has moved along a bit since my last visit.

Thank you all for your interesting comments. The caves shown are near the fortress and the first film of a cave is in the hills of the North East Cusco and the caves was used for ancestor worship. The Incas revered mummyfied dead ancestors placed in caves. In which they would be consulted in the spirit world about the affairs of the living.

Those caves can be visited for a price. As you can see they are small and narrow for most westerners to fit.

The tunnels under Cusco or at least the ones I have seen are much larger. However I am not sure if they are of Inca orgin or later 16th century construction, they do show tool marks on the walls that proves a least they were man made.

Crow

Alaskan Adventurer

Dec 20, 2009
Ecuador
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey guys. I have been here in Ecuador for 5 months and i am working on my residency. There are so many treasure legends here and the more you wander, the more you hear from the locals. My Spanish still needs a lot of work, so deciphering what they are trying to tell me is quite difficult. I am working on a alluvial gold project right now, and from the testing i have done shows it to be very profitable. I will leave it at that. Once we get a solid nestegg going, we will be following up on numerous treasure hunting leads in this beautiful country. These 5 months have been quite eventful and i am excited as hell about the future. I earned where i currently am at, and here is why:
I was doing 10 solid days of sampling at our project. On the last day, i decided to pack up and head to town due to 3 solid days of heavy rain. The area i was working is based on white water tourism and due to the rain the rivers were considered class 5-6. Impossible to raft, so the entire area was basically shut down. This was at about 10:30 am and i had left just a little after first light.(6:45am or so).
I was out on the main road, and due to the rain i had phone issues.(phone quit working). I was trying to find someone to call me a cab and not a soul was around. Finally, about a mile from the entrance to the trail system i stumbled across 2 young guys riding a single bike. They were probably 18-20 years old and were Quechua. They were talking to me and told me they were trying to find a signal. I decided to just walk to the nearby village which was about 3 km from the beginning of the trail system. As i was walking, i noticed the 2 guys peering over the edge of the cliff down at the river ahead of me. I kept trudging along, and they continued to move ahead of me and peering down. Finally i saw one looking at something in his hand, and he signaled me. They explained they had a signal and were calling a taxi for me. At this point they had moved within about 5 feet of me. I had a puppy poodle(a gift from some local friends) at my side, who at this point starting yipping in fear and cringed. My guard was unfortunately down, and one of the guys charged me with arms swinging.
He hit me in the right eye(was probably punched 30-40 times) and the other guy was holding my arms and trying to keep me from defending myself. Keep in mind i was also strapped in my 60 pound backpack and during all this they were trying to get it off me. All i could do is defend myself as best as possible. After awhile they dragged me down and the one who was holding my arms started strangling me. This is the point where i knew they were actually trying to kill me, and not just rob me. After several seconds of getting strangled i managed to get to my feet and sling the one strangling me off. You have no idea just how strong you can be when you know you are about to die. Adrenaline allowed me to literally sling the 160-175 pound guy off of me like he was nothing. At this point the guy i slung off ran back and the guys decided it was time to get this over with. The beating had probably gone on for a good minute, maybe longer and we were right on a major gravel road. The two guys worked together and grabbed my arms and legs and started dragging me over to the nearby cliff. Eventually they managed to heave me over...and my life literally got turned upside down.....
As a kid, i used to climb trees every day for hours. There are not many people who are more experienced than i am at climbing and i believe that is what saved my life. At the very beginning i must have fallen a good 20 feet before i made contact with anything. I somehow managed to survive that fall, and at that point i was able to start grabbing trees, branches, grass and just about anything else to slow my fall. At one point some vines snagged me and i believe they were one of the main reasons i survived. After about 80 feet of this, i managed to make a final effort and grabbed the last tree before i would have fallen into the raging river. This tree was the last point before a vertical drop into the river. If i hadn't grabbed the tree, i would be dead. If during any of this i had lost conscience, i would be dead.
Here i was hanging onto this fairly large tree with the river just below me. This river due to the rain was a minimum of class V and there would have been no way to survive. During the entire fall I was chanting to myself "I am not going to die". I had only one eye, and i was completely banged up and due to the lacerations on my neck, i could barely breath....yet I was alive! I was terrified, determined and pissed all at the same time. I rested on the tree for several minutes when i heard the familiar yip on my precious puppy. It takes some seriously evil people to toss a puppy to his death while he is still alive. I heard him yip several times and then silence. This is the first time i have cried in quite some time. He was a special little guy and a hell of a trooper to the very end.
So I am still alive, but with only one eye. Amazingly, no broken bones and minimal pain due to adrenaline. I was furious and i decided i want to live through this hell so that i can bring these two --deleted--s to justice. This is when i realized just how bad of shape i really am in. 80-100 feet at the bottom of a near vertical cliff and pretty heavily injured. I was still feeling little pain at this point, but having a single eye was the biggest worry. I noticed there was no physical way to make it out to the left of me due to a large open area with no trees or anything to grab on to. To my right was my only way, so i started scaling from tree to tree and sometimes had to grab fairly small shrubs by the roots. Luckily i am a fairly light guy, about 150 pounds and i am a very experienced outdoorsman with lots of climbing skills. I believe very few people, a fraction of a percent would have survived this ordeal if it had been them. It was a combination of survival skills and just plain luck that allowed me to survive.
I started making the climb to my right, sometimes having to head back down in order to clear certain obstacles. One time i slipped and would have fallen to my death accept for a tree branch below me. I racked myself pretty hard, but i took that over death. It took me about 2.5 hours to climb out of the canyon to safety. When i made it out, i hunkered down for about 15 minutes worrying that the two murderers would return and finish me. I was starting to really hurt at this point and i had a pretty good limp in my left leg. No way would i have been able to outrun them. I decided to make a run back to the entrance to the trail system in hopes someone was now there. While i was working my way up, i had heard either a vehicle or a motorcycle heading to the trail entrance. I finally decided to take the risk and hobbled to the entrance as fast as possible. I was beyond relieved to see a family of 3 having lunch. The 15 year old son drove me to the police where i lived to fight another die.
So i survived the worst day of my life and i believe i grew from it. Total injuries....a heavily swollen back eye, a nasty laceration on my neck, a sprain left leg and and about 150 ant bites all over my body and numerous cuts and scrapes. Did i flee Ecuador, like so many people would most likely have done? Nah, i am still here and still having the time of my life. I know it was one of those situations where you are at the wrong place at the wrong time and it will never happen again. I will never travel here alone again. There are 7 of us now and we are heading back to the river in about 2 weeks to start our mining project. No risk, no reward but my guard will never be down again.
I still to this day believe that an event like that could and does happen everywhere. It was a simple robbery of opportunity for my backpack and for now they got away from it. If it had happened back in the US, they would have probably shot me, instead of using their fists. Besides that one very horrible event, my time here has been exciting and very pleasant and i have made numerous friends. I will post treasure legends down the road when i have more time.

Cheers!

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's a heck of a travel story - not exactly something the Ecuador Bureau of Tourism would want to have on their front page. Definitely goes to show you that there are crappy people EVERYWHERE.

Glad to hear you survived and very sorry to hear about your dog - a shame he wasn't a full grown german shepherd.

I look forward to hearing your upcoming stories, treasure/no treasure. In another life I would have loved to do what you're doing.

Alaskan Adventurer

Dec 20, 2009
Ecuador
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cubfan64 said:
That's a heck of a travel story - not exactly something the Ecuador Bureau of Tourism would want to have on their front page. Definitely goes to show you that there are crappy people EVERYWHERE.

Glad to hear you survived and very sorry to hear about your dog - a shame he wasn't a full grown german shepherd.

I look forward to hearing your upcoming stories, treasure/no treasure. In another life I would have loved to do what you're doing.

Haha, we have a German Shephard puppy now that we are raising as our mining camp guard dog. Funny that you mention that breed. I love GSDs and my sister has my adult back in Wisconsin and he weighs in at 110 pounds. Loving my Ecuador GSD puppy. I also picked up a 450,000 volt stungun. It would have saved me if I had it at the time.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Alaskan Adventurer said:
Cubfan64 said:

Haha, we have a German Shephard puppy now that we are raising as our mining camp guard dog. Funny that you mention that breed. I love GSDs and my sister has my adult back in Wisconsin and he weighs in at 110 pounds. Loving my Ecuador GSD puppy. I also picked up a 450,000 volt stungun. It would have saved me if I had it at the time.

Sounds like a good plan! Whereabouts in Wisconsin? I grew up in the Neenah/Appleton area, spent 2 years at UWSP and graduated from UWM, lived in Milwaukee, Madison and Port Washington.

Alaskan Adventurer

Dec 20, 2009
Ecuador
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Galesville Wisconsin. I don't know anything about the area though.

In 3-4 months, I will be heading back to the states to get my private helicopter pilots license. Always been a dream of mine, and i have a friend who might be willing to finance the chopper. He also might go along with me and get his license. Ecuador has very little aviation, so have a chopper would open up the country to us.

Feb 5, 2011

Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Morning Gold Hunter, nice post, but, err, ahh ???? i only speak so so Engish, Spanish and me Tarzan you Jane German. "Wo ist das Kaffee haus"?

Don Jose de La Mancha
Hi,
This site is in Russian. Use Google translator.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Afternoon gold hunter, my friend: :coffee2: :coffee2: Unfotunately most translators that I have seen, do not clearly define original 'intent' with the words. They translate too literally.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hello Jose,

try google translate as suggested its pretty good on Crylic, i used it to translate from English to Ukrainian and to Russian and back again its pretty accurate,
( to my EX wife's relatives and for all the paperwork before we were married ),

John

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.

Cuzco

Attachments

• 1531 map.jpg
    1531 map.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 1,044

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other

Like with all treasure legends it can be some times very hard to sort the fact from the fiction. Inca Treasure legends have had there fair share of con artists exploiting those ill prepared to do the research.

The Sacayamba Story for example has come under much criticism for its lack of historical evidence. That said there are pre Colombian artifacts being found nearly every year, enough to entice the adventurers in us to dream a little.

Crow

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Crow said:
Like with all treasure legends it can be some times very hard to sort the fact from the fiction. Inca Treasure legends have had there fair share of con artists exploiting those ill prepared to do the research.

The Sacayamba Story for example has come under much criticism for its lack of historical evidence. That said there are pre Colombian artifacts being found nearly every year, enough to entice the adventurers in us to dream a little.

Crow

Couldn't have said it better myself!!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread