diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a nice little $10 lot of miscellaneous stuff that should fetch $200-$300. All from the same sale. From the home of a former/retired FBI Agent that went by the nickname "Wimpy" of all things.
I didn't get his gun but I did get the box it came in. Dated 1955 (very collectible).

DSC02419.jpg DSC02420.jpg

And inside the box were a few goodies too!

DSC02427.jpg

Nice vintage Colt .380 clip (also very collectible)

DSC02412.jpg DSC02411.jpg

There was a whatsit in the box too, but i'll get to that later.

Here is a cigar box filled with a few goodies, including a set of cherry red bakelite dice, a couple encased lucky pennies and other misc. tokens, an aluminum soap case, a J.M. Carlstedt pewter snuff box, a Coty Chrome perfume bottle holder, and a commemorative plaque from the F.B.I. "Golden Gate in '78" Society of Former Special Agents-

DSC02422.jpg

Last but not least was these two pieces, a lucite FBI badge desktop display and a Angelus Descodate clock given as a retirement gift to the Former Agent who went by the nickname "Wimpy" ( I wish I knew the story behind that one!).

DSC02428.jpg DSC02432.jpg DSC02429.jpg

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...
Does anyone know what this is? It was in the box of misc. gun stuff. Part of a cleaning kit (There are several brass rod sections from a Marble's cleaning kit in there too)? I may post it in the whats it forum if I don't get any replies here.
Here's the pic.-

DSC02418.jpg

drbecker

Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, you always seem to find great unique items.:icon_thumright:
Thanks.

The the round blued pieces are barrel weights for a Browning Medalist

Browning Medalist weight set of 3, new, parts : Other Pistol Accessories & Parts at GunBroker.com

The other item is what attaches the weights to the gun.

The .380 magazine is worth over $100, I have gottenover $300 for a .32 in similar condition but as little as $125 for the same condition

Great finds I think you got a lot more in value there then you think.
Thanks for the info on the weight set. I believe the magazine is a type V because of the large lettering? Not sure. Colt Pistols and Revolvers for Firearms Collectors - Model 1903 .32 ACP & Model 1908 .380 ACP Pocket Hammerless Factory Magazines

drbecker

Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Theres 2 guns floating around where you got the box.The chiefs special is a revolver.

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! What are those wheat penny tokens? What are the dates? Also! What's in that small bottle?

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! What are those wheat penny tokens? What are the dates? Also! What's in that small bottle?
Sorry I never replied to your questions. I thought I did, even remembered typing it out. :icon_scratch: The wheat penny tokens are called encased cents. Luck penny, from local business. Dates are nothing special. The small bottle is a perfume miniature.

The 380 magazine sold for $280.00, I started the bidding at $129.99. I haven't listed anything else yet.

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wimpy1a.jpg

i bet you he looked like Wimpy or would always borrow from people...

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
You may wish to check further on the .380 mag, early Colts in that cal are delectables and a spare mag for one could be worth some nice cash.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 380 magazine sold for $280.00, I started the bidding at $129.99. I haven't listed anything else yet.

You may wish to check further on the .380 mag, early Colts in that cal are delectables and a spare mag for one could be worth some nice cash.
See above post.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I listed the FBI badge display and paperweight for $59.99, within 24 hours it was up to 148.99 with 25 watchers. Within 36 hours it was pulled from ebay because it was a "real" badge. Even though it has no number, no back markings, no attchment clip, and is encased in a solid block of lucite. And a similar one with 3 different FBI badges encased recently sold. Gotta love it... idiots.

drbecker

Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I listed the FBI badge display and paperweight for $59.99, within 24 hours it was up to 148.99 with 25 watchers. Within 36 hours it was pulled from ebay because it was a "real" badge. Even though it has no number, no back markings, no attchment clip, and is encased in a solid block of lucite. And a similar one with 3 different FBI badges encased recently sold. Gotta love it... idiots.

That is why I hate ebay so much they are inconsistent in enforcing their own silly rules. I had a friend have a M1 sling pulled because it was a "assault weapon" part they said. I once listed a stock for a .22 bolt action M2 rifle and had it pulled because I used the term M2 in the title. The support staff that pulls auctions is in India and have no idea what they are doing. Other sellers will report your item in violation so that he identical item they are selling will not have competition. Try listing the badge on gunbroker with a $250 starting price I have never had an auction pulled from Gunbroker.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is why I hate ebay so much they are inconsistent in enforcing their own silly rules. I had a friend have a M1 sling pulled because it was a "assault weapon" part they said. I once listed a stock for a .22 bolt action M2 rifle and had it pulled because I used the term M2 in the title. The support staff that pulls auctions is in India and have no idea what they are doing. Other sellers will report your item in violation so that he identical item they are selling will not have competition. Try listing the badge on gunbroker with a $250 starting price I have never had an auction pulled from Gunbroker.
I'm wondering if the high bidder isn't the one that reported it to be honest. It's funny, he messaged me prior to it being pulled and told me that ebay will probably pull it. The next morning it was. He gave me his phone number for me to call him for a side deal. I don't know yet. Gunbrokers.com? You've mentioned that before. What is involved in selling on that site? I have several things that I could list there that aren't allowed on ebay.

drbecker

Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm wondering if the high bidder isn't the one that reported it to be honest. It's funny, he messaged me prior to it being pulled and told me that ebay will probably pull it. The next morning it was. He gave me his phone number for me to call him for a side deal. I don't know yet. Gunbrokers.com? You've mentioned that before. What is involved in selling on that site? I have several things that I could list there that aren't allowed on ebay.

All youi need to do is register and put a credit card on file. Their fees are about a fifth of what ebays are and you can use the relist till sold option which costs nothing beyond the original fee. I have over 500 items running now on auto relist.

Last edited:

Paleopilot

Dec 4, 2012
South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gunbrokers, very good auction site. The feedback rules are very cool also, you can change it or remove it, feeBay ought to get a clue! The FFL thing kinda sucks but, with antique guns it's not a problem. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I joined up. Then I tried to sell an item and I got this message, any ideas why? Is this normal protocol and would you give them that info.?-

Your account has been flagged by the GunBroker.com security system as suspect. The information you entered could not be verified by our service.

In order to verify your identity please send us a picture or clear copy of your driver's license and a current utility bill. Please fax this information to 770-573-3671 or email the information to [email protected].

If you have further questions please contact customer support about your account.

drbecker

Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I joined up. Then I tried to sell an item and I got this message, any ideas why? Is this normal protocol and would you give them that info.?-

Your account has been flagged by the GunBroker.com security system as suspect. The information you entered could not be verified by our service.

In order to verify your identity please send us a picture or clear copy of your driver's license and a current utility bill. Please fax this information to 770-573-3671 or email the information to [email protected].

If you have further questions please contact customer support about your account.

Never had that happen but I suspect there was some conflict in adrress between what you gave them and what your credit card says.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions