How many Pull Tabs do you have to dig for GOLD? This many...

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a short hunt yesterday at a local park. Lots of clad, foil and pull tabs, as usual.
I've been putting all the pull tabs I find in a jar and emptying the jar when I find gold, just as a reminder to myself of how many of them I can expect to dig up in between gold finds.
This is the longest dry spell I've had yet since I started doing that. Never had the jar even half full before.
IMG_6895.JPG

Finally the drought has ended!
IMG_6875.JPG
IMG_6876.JPG

Time to empty the jar and start over.
IMG_6894.JPG

Hopefully I won't have to dig that many again.
Oh, and the ring rang up at 27 on the Legend.
Anybody out there swinging a Legend will immediately recognize that VDI as a common one for pull tabs.

Upvote 52

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out for a short hunt yesterday at a local park. Lots of clad, foil and pull tabs, as usual.
I've been putting all the pull tabs I find in a jar and emptying the jar when I find gold, just as a reminder to myself of how many of them I can expect to dig up in between gold finds.
This is the longest dry spell I've had yet since I started doing that. Never had the jar even half full before.
View attachment 2145256

View attachment 2145257 View attachment 2145258

View attachment 2145259

Anybody out there swinging a Legend will immediately recognize that VDI as a common one for pull tabs.
I feel your pain. I have half a two and half gallon bucket full of iron nails I have mined from a recent tear-out in order to tease out the occasional old coin laying beneath. Keep it up! You will be rewarded.

PBS

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like your ratio is about right for parks and schools. I find it's a lot less at a swimming beach.

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A very nice Ring ! :icon_thumright:

What ever you do, don't throw those Pull Tabs out !
Lance from the Danebury Metal Detecting Club says people buy them on eBay.
I forget... was that Simon or Garfunkel?

I can't (well, yes I can after hanging around here long enough... 🙄) believe he saved them all.
Missus told me before she got me the detector that There will be no packratting or saving junk.
(Yeah... define "junk"; the woman collects old rusty railroad iron... 😲) 😁

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
View attachment 2145256

View attachment 2145259

Oh I hate those things!
Good one the ring👍

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 2145256

View attachment 2145259

nice find! love to pull the gold and really like your pull tab reminder. Well done on both counts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions