Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
This Is the tough time, do you buy more (or some) as this is the beginning of a big move. Or sell, it may be over bought!
decisions decisions.
Inflation of unbacked currency will probably continue until the currency is replaced by something different, as it literally becomes trash.
If there is still a society after SHTF, odds are that unbacked paper currency or their digits in a computer, will no longer be of acceptable value for buying anything.

Just my opinion, but if it is extra cash that’s doing nothing, then might as well trade it for gold or silver, or something else of value, before the cash goes to zero. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Good luck

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure why many here seem surprised by metals rising...
Of course they do and are...
and will continue to do so...
as they always have through history.

So whats all the hub bub ? ? ?... :/

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure why many here seem surprised by metals rising...
Of course they do and are...
and will continue to do so...
as they always have through history.

So whats all the hub bub ? ? ?... :/
I think the hub bub, might be the realization that the buying power of our cash, is rapidly depleting at an accelerating pace…. Faster and faster ……

Here is an example …. The US $20 dollar gold piece. It’s almost a full ounce of gold.
What used to cost $20 US to buy one, now costs over $2,000 to buy one.

The reality is the US dollar is now worth less than 1 cent.

We can sit and watch, as our savings continue to lose buying power. 🤷🏼‍♂️
But it might be worth a little hub bub thoughts, before it’s too late 🤓

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As people dicker about what’s best to have in a SHTF situation I can’t help but think….. all of it. Food, water, lead, gold, silver etc.

The difference in survival is the mindset. Preparedness overall.

No matter how prepared you are you can still be run over by a man bun sporting millennial doing 50 through a parking lot in his Prius. Head on a swivel.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think the hub bub, might be the realization that the buying power of our cash, is rapidly depleting at an accelerating pace…. Faster and faster ……

Here is an example …. The US $20 dollar gold piece. It’s almost a full ounce of gold.

Good luck buying one at $2K as APEX is @ $2300-2400 at the moment.
So things are going up, as the currency falls it seems.

A digital anything isn't going to be of much help if the switch is turned off.
Really how are folks going to eat with their fortunes tied up in digital currency.

It's what a person has on their shoulders, what's in the safe, and on the pantry shelf will determine the comfort level of one's life if the SHTF event happens.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck buying one at $2K as APEX is @ $2300-2400 at the moment.
So things are going up, as the currency falls it seems.

A digital anything isn't going to be of much help if the switch is turned off.
Really how are folks going to eat with their fortunes tied up in digital currency.

It's what a person has on their shoulders, what's in the safe, and on the pantry shelf will determine the comfort level of one's life if the SHTF event happens.
I couldn’t agree more. This digital push scares the hell out of me. If they push people into digital money that’s a good as slavery. Do as we say or your family can’t eat. I’d say that’s pretty persuasive.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm taking time off work (self employed can do what I want..) and going for more gold! I have saved everything I have mined over the last 10 years or so.
Sell it ? maybe!

new new gold.jpg

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Actually... its all relative.

WHEN and what that said $20 gold piece would buy WHEN it was minted...
is the SAME roughly as that same gold worth (2300) would buy today.

You could buy an entire top of the line suit ... complete with tie and socks and shoes for $20.

And now... that same type of top of the line suit and shoes and tie etc would cost you $2,500.

SO.... with that said..... unless it climbs significantly more...
It all relative and remains the main hedge against inflation.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As people dicker about what’s best to have in a SHTF situation I can’t help but think….. all of it. Food, water, lead, gold, silver etc.

The difference in survival is the mindset. Preparedness overall.

No matter how prepared you are you can still be run over by a man bun sporting millennial doing 50 through a parking lot in his Prius. Head on a swivel.
Yep! You said it...preparedness. We have around two million acres literally in our back yard

Deer, elk, boar and 7 rivers within 60 miles. I now have an acre of garden and an acre of orchard. Solar panels and propane generator.

Lets hope the shit does not hit the fan!:laughing7:

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually... its all relative.

WHEN and what that said $20 gold piece would buy WHEN it was minted...
is the SAME roughly as that same gold worth (2300) would buy today.

You could buy an entire top of the line suit ... complete with tie and socks and shoes for $20.

And now... that same type of top of the line suit and shoes and tie etc would cost you $2,500.

SO.... with that said..... unless it climbs significantly more...
It all relative and remains the main hedge against inflation.
Great point, ARC!!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I couldn’t agree more. This digital push scares the hell out of me. If they push people into digital money that’s a good as slavery. Do as we say or your family can’t eat. I’d say that’s pretty persuasive.
If it were to become a digital world for living one has to conform to this or simply give up everything and go live in a cave.
Folks just don't realize the impact of such a move and the restrictive measures it would have on them.
Now folks say gold, silver, cash, bit coin (useless) all of it for living where you call home.

Cash is king-devalue it to .000001 or it has to be turned into a bank to be worth anything.
Go back to the old barter system-yes that would work, but where does one live?

Simply put is the taxes for property has to remitted with a digital account, if a person doesn't have one, then the tax sale is forth coming.

I might be seeing this differently and if I am please tell me/comfort those thoughts.

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
If it were to become a digital world for living one has to conform to this or simply give up everything and go live in a cave.
Folks just don't realize the impact of such a move and the restrictive measures it would have on them.
Now folks say gold, silver, cash, bit coin (useless) all of it for living where you call home.

Cash is king-devalue it to .000001 or it has to be turned into a bank to be worth anything.
Go back to the old barter system-yes that would work, but where does one live?

Simply put is the taxes for property has to remitted with a digital account, if a person doesn't have one, then the tax sale is forth coming.

I might be seeing this differently and if I am please tell me/comfort those thoughts.
Digital (cashless) seems like the beginning of the end …..
is it all really about controlling us all?

Maybe 🤔

OP
OP
TORRERO

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess the price could go way up when people think they won’t be able to use their paper wealth like they have been told, when that day happens….
stand back!
Yeah when that day happens, but I can promise you that although there are a LOT of electronic transaction these days, there will NEVER be a day when you can't use CASH, I've talked to several people who believe this and I said its not possible. How would that work ? The government issues every individual some type of card ? and when you work you have to have your work credit added to a card ? what about tourists that visit us legally every day and need to convert their money to US currency ? I had a friend tell me that there were already 150 countries that were "no cash" countries, but when I asked him to name 1 (one) he could not ! Just so you know, if you think about this in a reasonable way, its a physical impossibility.. No matter what those "Digital Dollar" commercials say on you tube.. :dontknow: 🤣

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it ever comes to a cashless society most people will always have and use barter!

OP
OP
TORRERO

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can promise you that although there are a LOT of electronic transaction these days, there will NEVER be a day when you can't use CASH, I've talked to several people who believe this and I said its not physically possible. How would that work ? The government issues every individual some type of card ? and when you work you have to have your work credit added to a card ? what about tourists that visit us legally every day and need to convert their money to US currency ? I had a friend tell me that there were already 150 countries that were "no cash" countries, but when I asked him to name 1 (one) he could not ! Just so you know, if you think about this in a reasonable way, its a physical impossibility.. No matter what those "Digital Dollar" commercials say on you tube.. :dontknow: 🤣
If it ever comes to a cashless society most people will always have and use barter!
I know that there are people on here that are scared of this possibility, but don't be, not that I'm personally against it,
But It's an impossibility because...
Here are things to consider,
1. No more yard sales, where most everything is sold for cash.
2. No more Craigslist sales, or online sales that you go and pay cash for... (how would that work?)
3. No more flea markets or roadside sales where there is no electricity, or internet ?
4. What happens to people who refuse to get the "card" to use digital dollars ? would they be forced to just die ?
5. what happens to vending machines that only take cash ?
6. We go to an auction on Friday and Saturday and its strictly CASH ONLY ! (they do a LOT of business) they would go out of business ! (if you don't have cash, they have an ATM machine)
7. So many places that take cash would go out of business, and the economy would collapse.
8. There would be no more "under the table deals" for cash at a great price
9. No more selling your car for $100 to avoid taxes on the $10,000 you actually sold it for...
10. No more tipping the waiter or anyone, at restaurants, clubs, taxis, or Uber etc.. how would that work ?

No government would ever do that to the country they govern, (the answer isn't that the Democrats would do it because NO government would be that stupid..) This is nothing more than a scare tactic from people who want you to believe the other side is so evil they are going to do this to you and everybody ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUT.... In consideration of the possibility... there would be HUGE upsides in Crime reduction...
No crimes that are committed for financial gain (99%) would ever happen because how could you steal something and then have it added to your account without getting caught ?
If they put a chip in your finger and you scanned it to buy anything, all transactions would be logged...
You could no longer knock over grandma for her social security check, or rob a bank, or steal a car and try to sell it for parts, as they would have to add the credit to your personal acct.
But like I said, it's an absolute impossibility and people really have many other better things to worry about !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can promise you that although there are a LOT of electronic transaction these days, there will NEVER be a day when you can't use CASH, I've talked to several people who believe this and I said its not physically possible. How would that work ? The government issues every individual some type of card ? and when you work you have to have your work credit added to a card ? what about tourists that visit us legally every day and need to convert their money to US currency ? I had a friend tell me that there were already 150 countries that were "no cash" countries, but when I asked him to name 1 (one) he could not ! Just so you know, if you think about this in a reasonable way, its a physical impossibility.. No matter what those "Digital Dollar" commercials say on you tube.. :dontknow: 🤣

I know that there are people on here that are scared of this possibility, but don't be, not that I'm personally against it,
But It's an impossibility because...
Here are things to consider,
1. No more yard sales, where most everything is sold for cash.
2. No more Craigslist sales, or online sales that you go and pay cash for... (how would that work?)
3. No more flea markets or roadside sales where there is no electricity, or internet ?
4. What happens to people who refuse to get the "card" to use digital dollars ? would they be forced to just die ?
5. what happens to vending machines that only take cash ?
6. We go to an auction on Friday and Saturday and its strictly CASH ONLY ! (they do a LOT of business) they would go out of business ! (if you don't have cash, they have an ATM machine)
7. So many places that take cash would go out of business, and the economy would collapse.
8. There would be no more "under the table deals" for cash at a great price
9. No more selling your car for $100 to avoid taxes on the $10,000 you actually sold it for...
10. No more tipping the waiter or anyone, at restaurants, clubs, taxis, or Uber etc.. how would that work ?

No government would ever do that to the country they govern, (the answer isn't that the Democrats would do it because NO government would be that stupid..) This is nothing more than a scare tactic from people who want you to believe the other side is so evil they are going to do this to you and everybody ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUT.... In consideration of the possibility... there would be HUGE upsides in Crime reduction...
No crimes that are committed for financial gain (99%) would ever happen because how could you steal something and then have it added to your account without getting caught ?
If they put a chip in your finger and you scanned it to buy anything, all transactions would be logged...
You could no longer knock over grandma for her social security check, or rob a bank, or steal a car and try to sell it for parts, as they would have to add the credit to your personal acct.
But like I said, it's an absolute impossibility and people really have many other better things to worry about !!
Devalue the dollar to.00001 many countries have done it-the cash is worthless.
Britain brings out new currency - then the old bills become "Not Legal Tender" you have to deposit them into a bank acct at the bank or post office to go into the account.
Digital cash will then be what it is all digital-payment, tips (go out for dinner up here and pay by CC) first thing that pops up "What amount for tip?"

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
There is more a serious ethical problem of how much CONTROL governments will have over peoples lives. This is happening in all western countries also. While we berate Russia and China for controlling and manipulating peoples lives.

But we in REALITY west are no different. Governments do things by stealth. First the big banks are making billions off every transaction in fees with digital currency. Plus governments gets their taxes out of it. But its not just digital currency now they talking about? every bit of identity like drivers license, house deed etc.

What happens if power generation breakdown or internet fails with digital money, in natural disasters or terrorism attacks on infrastructure? it is open to hackers. and now the onset with AI?

AI can deem you a threat if your opinions do fall in line with accepted views of the state. And you can be cut off in a punitive action. You have no identity, no money. Go beg in the street, all for exercising your right for free speech.

These systems politician are so in love with are not infallible. For example in Australia had 'Robo' debt scandal where hundreds committed suicide or out into poverty by debts miscalculated by AI.

In The UK, careers and lives ruined by Al in the postal service for accounting errors with Al. No governments, bureaucrats or company directors in both cases ever went to jail for totally destroying peoples lives.

It is already happening in China you criticize the leader. They cut you off abscess to digital money. As an ex whistle blower I know how much a state can turn on you.

Another case question a whistle blower expose one of largest banks in Australia to 52000 cases of money laundering. No banker went to jail as they investigated themselves and got promoted the government put 66 charges on the whistle blower for breaking confidentiality agreements for him reporting crime. So how can we ever really trust the banks and governments to do the right thing?

So freedom truth and justice even in the most free nations of the worlds are as not as free as we all imagine.,

The point is digital currency is no better than bitcoin imaginary money that can vanish in an instant or by the whims of a present government or situation. They will eventually control how and where you spend your money.

For example with AI technology like it or love it! it is coming! They will have complete control over your life. Freedom is an illusion. For example with your digital money. if you spend too much money on booze. AI Will deem you an alcoholic so cut you off the ability to spend your own money in a liquor store for example. Or even buy a car that does not meet global emissions targets. They will have the power to dictate where and how you will spend your own money as every transaction is traceable.

Then we look at 100 dollars is not 100 dollars in digital currency. vat and bank charges so a 100 dollars is only worth say 95 dollars for example. 100 dollars in money is 100 dollars how how I choose to spend it is mine alone.

I take cash property gold and silver any day.

Crow

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread