Gold Bug Pro

Run4Cvr

Apr 11, 2011
Central Washington
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1266X, Whites MXT, Makro Racer 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got my new Gold Bug Pro today and all I can say is WOW. This thing is awesome. I did several tests with it and can beleive how well it works. First I did a test with some flower gold I had from panning, this is the first machine that Ive tested that was able to pick it up. Took it to the park and was amazed at how accurate it was. I found four dimes, six nickels, two quarters, a bunch of pennys and of course a ton of pull tabs in only an hour of detecting. Blows my other detectors out of the water. WINNER.

OP
OP
Run4Cvr

Run4Cvr

Apr 11, 2011
Central Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohh and I purchased it through Kellyco detectors, great deal and fast shipping. Very happy :headbang:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gold bug pro is a great machine! Good choice!

leatherneck

Apr 20, 2009
St. Petersburg, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug DP
So, how was the depth? What coil were you using? Were you in disc. mode or all metal? How did the ground grab work for you? Give us more detail. Please, Please, Please What kind of soil were you in? Did it find some of the coins on edge or were all of them flat? Did you do an in ground type of test on the flour gold or was it an air test. In ground means alot more to me. Anyway, I am glad you like it and I hope it serves you well...

OP
OP
Run4Cvr

Run4Cvr

Apr 11, 2011
Central Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did several tests with it. The flour gold was directy on the coil and I wasnt expecting it to pick it up, but it did. I was picking up coins over five inches deep, I had several that were deeper but I passed on them because I was short on time didnt want to dig a crater. I dug several bottle caps and pull tabs while I was trying to get a feel for the machine. Coins were both flat and sideways and on two occasions I stuck my screwdriver right on the coin on my first poke in the ground, I was impressed. Depth gauge was pretty close, there were a couple coins that it said were on the surface but were about a inch down. Later I tried a piece of gold the size of a #7 bird shot and I was picking it up at three inches on the ground with the gain set at 50% in all metal mode, I never covered the gold. I was using the 5 inch coil.

I havent had a chance to take it to the hills yet, but think itll work really good for finding nuggets after playing with it for only about an hour or so.

Lastly, My uncle has the original gold bug, (not the gold bug II) and it had difficulty picking up the nugget that this thing was at 3 inches.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a good tip for you guys to make your machine more sensitive. When setting your ground balance, only turn gain to around half way up. Do your ground balance then run you gain back up to where you normally run it. Really helps your machine cancel out ground better. Try it and let us know what you think.
HH, Bart

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread