Global marine exploration

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
haven't actually been in business for many years now. But Bobby is trying his best to reserruct it at all times. I don't know what his odds will be, but I'm still rooting for him. Heck, it's the only way our stock will ever go back up again. Plus, he had some good ideas and some success. The two governments seemed to screw him - or he didn't know how to play the game with them.

OP
OP
Magoopeter

Magoopeter

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
underwater
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks for the information, always though they had a pretty good set up and team.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
haven't actually been in business for many years now. But Bobby is trying his best to reserruct it at all times. I don't know what his odds will be, but I'm still rooting for him. Heck, it's the only way our stock will ever go back up again. Plus, he had some good ideas and some success. The two governments seemed to screw him - or he didn't know how to play the game with them.
Every time some civilian starts to get ahead, they change the rules of the game and sometimes the bastards change the whole game. The only way to play that game is to behave like they do, and that brings to mind the question: "Is it worth it?".

O2ptima

Jan 28, 2012
Boca Raton FL.
Detector(s) used
various
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Every time some civilian starts to get ahead, they change the rules of the game and sometimes the bastards change the whole game. The only way to play that game is to behave like they do, and that brings to mind the question: "Is it worth it?".
Black Duck has disappeared from this site, erased all his comments, anyone have any ideas as to status of lawsuit, the appeal court ruled in GME favor a year ago but lower court clerk in Tallahassee
has no schedule for hearings to proceed, but seems lawyer has been replaced? Has it settled? I see Black Duck has removed all his postings from this site and rest of the internet???? Very interested in info if anyone is aware?

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Black Duck has disappeared from this site, erased all his comments, anyone have any ideas as to status of lawsuit, the appeal court ruled in GME favor a year ago but lower court clerk in Tallahassee
has no schedule for hearings to proceed, but seems lawyer has been replaced? Has it settled? I see Black Duck has removed all his postings from this site and rest of the internet???? Very interested in info if anyone is aware?
Well... I just did a search for Black Duck postings and there are hundreds still on the forum. I would make no claim to know what Bobby is thinking, but when people involved in lawsuits erase things, it is likely because it is legally prudent to do so

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

O2ptima

Jan 28, 2012
Boca Raton FL.
Detector(s) used
various
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
From grapevine I am hearing that the lower court will resume the case handed back to it sometime in August 2023, with a new strong legal team. I hope this to ring true. Go GME!

O2ptima

Jan 28, 2012
Boca Raton FL.
Detector(s) used
various
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
From grapevine I am hearing that the lower court will resume the case handed back to it sometime in August 2023, with a new strong legal team. I hope this to ring true. Go GME!
Anyone want to venture a guess as to amount of the $$$ awarded? Like Powerball?

O2ptima

Jan 28, 2012
Boca Raton FL.
Detector(s) used
various
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
And so now the real tria begis
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT CIVIL MINUTES - GENERAL Case No: 4:20-cv-181-AW-MJF Date: 08-02-2023 Title: Global Marine Exploration Inc v. Republic of France DOCKET ENTRY: Telephonic Motion Hearing ECF No. 59 - Amended Motion for Summary Judgment PRESENT: Honorable ALLEN C WINSOR, District Judge TiAnn Stark Lisa Snyder - Tallahassee USDC Deputy Clerk Court Reporter Jennifer Winegardner Leonard Collins James Goold Attorneys for Plaintiff(s) Attorneys for Defendant(s) PROCEEDINGS: 10:11 a.m. Court called to order 10:12 a.m. Arguments presented by Defendant 11:10 a.m. Arguments presented by Plaintiff (Winegardner) 11:45 a.m. Discovery discussed 11:49 a.m. Rebuttal by Defendant 11:55 a.m. Discovery discussed 11:56 a.m. Reports due in 21 days 11:59 a.m. Written order to follow 11:59 a.m. Court adjourned

Its nice to see the US Court system actually functional and equitable. France will need to pull out the checkbook-we dont want EU, Franc, Frogs leggs or such

New GME lawyer and law firm are top notch!

Attachments

• GLOBAL_MARINE_EXPLORATION_INC_v_REPUBLIC_OF_FRANCE__flndce-20-00181__0083.0.pdf
    101.1 KB · Views: 47

O2ptima

Jan 28, 2012
Boca Raton FL.
Detector(s) used
various
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
And so now the real tria begis
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT CIVIL MINUTES - GENERAL Case No: 4:20-cv-181-AW-MJF Date: 08-02-2023 Title: Global Marine Exploration Inc v. Republic of France DOCKET ENTRY: Telephonic Motion Hearing ECF No. 59 - Amended Motion for Summary Judgment PRESENT: Honorable ALLEN C WINSOR, District Judge TiAnn Stark Lisa Snyder - Tallahassee USDC Deputy Clerk Court Reporter Jennifer Winegardner Leonard Collins James Goold Attorneys for Plaintiff(s) Attorneys for Defendant(s) PROCEEDINGS: 10:11 a.m. Court called to order 10:12 a.m. Arguments presented by Defendant 11:10 a.m. Arguments presented by Plaintiff (Winegardner) 11:45 a.m. Discovery discussed 11:49 a.m. Rebuttal by Defendant 11:55 a.m. Discovery discussed 11:56 a.m. Reports due in 21 days 11:59 a.m. Written order to follow 11:59 a.m. Court adjourned

Its nice to see the US Court system actually functional and equitable. France will need to pull out the checkbook-we dont want EU, Franc, Frogs leggs or such

New GME lawyer and law firm are top notch!
With replies due back by August 24 ish, we could see this going to trial say October! Unless France decides to settle! There is 0% in my opinion of this judge granting their wish for Summary Judgement considering that he was just ruled against in Appeals court last May. To be perfectly Franc! GME worked hard, mapped like crazy, they deserve to be paid for their work, not an archeologist end around.

O2ptima

Jan 28, 2012
Boca Raton FL.
Detector(s) used
various
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
With replies due back by August 24 ish, we could see this going to trial say October! Unless France decides to settle! There is 0% in my opinion of this judge granting their wish for Summary Judgement considering that he was just ruled against in Appeals court last May. To be perfectly Franc! GME worked hard, mapped like crazy, they deserve to be paid for their work, not an archeologist end around.
Besides all the other wrecks found in area!

O2ptima

Jan 28, 2012
Boca Raton FL.
Detector(s) used
various
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Besides all the other wrecks found in area!
So replies are likely submitted, judge likely to earge parties to mediate, absent a result from that (unlikely) he can rule anytime! Valuations of wrecks from experts range from $1bil to $4 bil. Per GME. After legal fees etc this could after many years be a fruitful 🍓🍑 🍊 payday. 🙏

O2ptima

Jan 28, 2012
Boca Raton FL.
Detector(s) used
various
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
So replies are likely submitted, judge likely to earge parties to mediate, absent a result from that (unlikely) he can rule anytime! Valuations of wrecks from experts range from $1bil to $4 bil. Per GME. After legal fees etc this could after many years be a fruitful 🍓🍑 🍊 payday. 🙏
On August 24, 2023, France filed a response to GME’s post-hearing report, in which it challenged GME’s interpretation and presentation of the evidence and arguments from the hearing. France also reiterated its position that it had sovereign immunity over La Trinité and that GME had no valid salvage claim or lien over the shipwreck or its artifacts.. So nothing new! They lost on this in appeals court last year!

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
On August 24, 2023, France filed a response to GME’s post-hearing report, in which it challenged GME’s interpretation and presentation of the evidence and arguments from the hearing. France also reiterated its position that it had sovereign immunity over La Trinité and that GME had no valid salvage claim or lien over the shipwreck or its artifacts.. So nothing new! They lost on this in appeals court last year!
"On August 24, 2023, France filed a response to GME’s post-hearing report," But today is only August 22nd. Yet they filed on August 24th?? How far in the future can you see? Do we eventually win this blasted case? :-)

O2ptima

Jan 28, 2012
Boca Raton FL.
Detector(s) used
various
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
"On August 24, 2023, France filed a response to GME’s post-hearing report," But today is only August 22nd. Yet they filed on August 24th?? How far in the future can you see? Do we eventually win this blasted case? :-)
The reply had Aug 24th as the last date the reply could be filed and as such that date was used. Please go to court filings on Pacer . Have a lovely day

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I sure hope that we do! A nice settlement.
Looking forward to it. did you invest in GME< or in ARS? I invested in ARS, way back before they changed their name. Would be nice to get something finally. ALthough I did get things from ARS when they did the split of bounty. beads. Spoons both pre and after refurbished, and coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread