Fun Marble Hoard at a Dump.

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had 90 minutes for a stop at a dump I've been neglecting to explore much. It's mostly 1940s and 50s stuff on top. Seems to go a little older at least based on stuff in the water, though not before the 1920s.

Anyway, I was digging around a large busted stoneware crock and a few marbles popped out. Then the marbles kept going along with the mini silver plated spoon and the drinking glass. Clearly some kids toys at some point. Lot of wheels to toy cars. Even pulled out a plastic tractor with headless driver. Was a fun dig. Instant marble collection. Bottles haven't been anything worth taking home. I brought home a cobalt jar and a glass Armstrong's insulator.

Attachments

• IMG_20240210_184803_171.jpg
    IMG_20240210_184803_171.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 162
  • 20240210_220242.jpg
    20240210_220242.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 128
  • 20240210_170637.jpg
    20240210_170637.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 112
  • 20240210_162741.jpg
    20240210_162741.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 124
Upvote 40
OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like they cleaned up nice!
Yes. Few have a few minor pings but most are very clean. The black ones are actually really dark purple. A purple black glass. Think one is uranium glass but have to test it with a black light. Could be more I just ran out of day light.

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had 90 minutes for a stop at a dump I've been neglecting to explore much. It's mostly 1940s and 50s stuff on top. Seems to go a little older at least based on stuff in the water, though not before the 1920s.

Anyway, I was digging around a large busted stoneware crock and a few marbles popped out. Then the marbles kept going along with the mini silver plated spoon and the drinking glass. Clearly some kids toys at some point. Lot of wheels to toy cars. Even pulled out a plastic tractor with headless driver. Was a fun dig. Instant marble collection. Bottles haven't been anything worth taking home. I brought home a cobalt jar and a glass Armstrong's insulator.
I luv marbles! Great find. Is that a baby's spoon, doesn't look like a toy?

OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I luv marbles! Great find. Is that a baby's spoon, doesn't look like a toy?
I'll get a better pic when I get home tomorrow. Its very detailed and silver plate. Wouldn't hold very much. On beach combing trip. Found another marble yesterday haha. Guess I'm on the marbles now.

Attachments

• 20240211_151202.jpg
    20240211_151202.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 11

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wait !!! I just lost my marbles... maybe you can help 🤣

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a large bowl of marbles I have found over the years while detecting, to me it's kind of like finding little "jewels" as an added bonus.

OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a large bowl of marbles I have found over the years while detecting, to me it's kind of like finding little "jewels" as an added bonus.
Yes. Especially nice if other thing in hole is junk but you get a bonus marble. I find a few here or there but never a whole pile like that dump.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool I enjoy finding marbles, I have a jar full that my grandmother had. Another jar that I have collected also.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been told over the years, that I have lost some of my marbles
Ha. Maybe you can get some back at a dump in Pennsylvania?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread