mapper123

Feb 6, 2007
NW South Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,
Fisher F2
Teknetics Delta 4000
Garrett ace350
I bought a Fisher VLF-660 Pro Mother Lode hip detector mount today & I have a manual on the way. I know what the detector was designed to do, but I am very unlikely to find any nuggets in my part of South Carolina. It has an 8" coil & I am hoping I can used it as coin shooting detector when & if I learn to use the controls. Thoughts & suggestions would be appreciated as I have never used any of the older machines. If anyone has any experience with this machine please educate me a little.

Last edited:

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
It was introduced about 1982 as a slightly boosted version of the 440 platform. The 660 wasn't in production very long because the "original" Gold Bug came along several years later and knocked its socks off.

The 660 is fully static all metals operation, no discrimination, so you'll have to dig everything. Good for about 8 - 9 inches air test on coins, will get close to that depth in most soils if carefully ground balanced (which takes a bit of practice).

Virtually that same machine is still being manufactured for the construction & utility market.

--Dave J.

OP
OP
M

mapper123

Feb 6, 2007
NW South Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,
Fisher F2
Teknetics Delta 4000
Garrett ace350
woof.. thank you for the reply. It is something I would like to learn to use. I have other detectors & this is just a curiosity for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread