JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to KellyCo yesterday and grabbed the Fisher F75 off the rack. We went out to a grassy area in the parking lot and played around with it. At first, I had to have the coil about 4 inches away from anything to get a signal, but after making some adjustments, remembering some things from all the articles I read, I was able to get it to sound off on a pull tab and penny at about 11/12 inches. Even the salesman was impressed. He knew the unit was good, but had never seen it in the field sound off so deep.

We went back in and grabbed the new DFX 300. What a huge coil. I admit that I did not play with the settings as much. I tried the different standard programs for testing. On the same pop top and penny, I was only able to get a signal at about 6 inches. It was also often sounding off at the edge of that huge coil. Of course, pinpointing would realy make that issue mute.

I did see how the F75 gets interference when in the building. However, a combination of adjusting the discrimination and sensitivity did resolve it.

After spending an hour there, I couldn't see any way to justify getting the DFX, other than the brand issues.

I plunked the cash down for my new Fisher F75, 5 minutes before closing . . .

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did the right thing. I have a DFX, and a Fisher CZ-3D. Your estimates of depth are right on. The DFX gets maybe 7-8 max/ with tweeked settings, on a coin sized target. The CZ will get that same coin sized target at 10 1/2.

Good move.

ReidMan

Jul 16, 2008
Hampton, VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 main, Infinium water, TDI red dirt, 1266x if I feel like digging iron.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good choice I have had both now use the F75. What does that tell you?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread