fisher f75 ltd HELP PLEASE!

ryan1980

Feb 6, 2013
I bought the ltd about 6 months ago. I have found tons of stuff. The problem is I have found tons of silver rings and one gold chain on the surface. I am just wondering if I can find silver rings WHY not gold ones? I know that a nickel falls on 30,to 31 VDI. I have dug everything above 31 VDI all the way up to a penny VDI and it always turn out to be pull tabs, bullets, bullet casings, and junk. So if anyone can help me out with a good VDI range for gold on the F75 ltd. I would be extremely happy. Thanks for any reply.

OP
OP
ryan1980

ryan1980

Feb 6, 2013
I'm also from twin falls idaho. Maybe I'll get lucky and there might be someone on here from my area with a f75 ltd that I can MD with!

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If i found a ton of Silver rings in 6 months i would not care about the Gold rings lol.....go near the water where people swim might be Gold rings there.
Gary

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe, just maybe, the gold rings just aren't there!

Why do I find all kinds of zinc pennies and oh so few large cents?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are digging up pulltabs you're in the ring range. Don't bother with that screen in the VDI readings just the sounds.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like Sandman says. Dig the pulltabs and you'll find the gold rings.

HPIM0149.jpg

OP
OP
ryan1980

ryan1980

Feb 6, 2013
I keep digging!!!! I figured a little something out with my machine. Now I'm digging a lot of nickels. I did well yesterday. A little sore from all the up and down.

ForumRunner_20130918_052242.png

ForumRunner_20130918_052302.png

ForumRunner_20130918_052329.png

ForumRunner_20130918_052350.png

ForumRunner_20130918_052421.png

ForumRunner_20130918_052446.png

ForumRunner_20130918_052609.png

ForumRunner_20130918_052637.png

OP
OP
ryan1980

ryan1980

Feb 6, 2013
Another thing I'm doing is running three tone so I don't like at vdi's so much. Two tone is impossible to run without looking at the vdi's. Four tone is way to much. All metal mode drives me up the wall same thing always looking at vdi's.

Rockhunter1620

Feb 1, 2012
S.E. Mi.
Detector(s) used
F-75 S.E.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Ryan, a couple other things to consider, try switcin frequencies, default freq. is f-1, try f-7, it's the highest freq. yer machine runs at and higher freqs. are more sensitive to small gold.
Then run in "je" process instead of boost, and finally, how much do you use yer 5 in. coil?
That smaller coil will give you a greater target separation ability, but gold jewelry, gold plated jewelry, they've always been strange, jumpy signals as far as the ID is concerned.
But you know the rule, when in doubt, dig it up!

RH

OP
OP
ryan1980

ryan1980

Feb 6, 2013
Thanks for the info. I usually switch freq. To cancel out emi. I will try JE on freq. 7. I have only used the 5 inch. Once! Guess I got a new game plan for tomorrow. Thanks a ton!

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi

I got the f75 SE ....

I run it in ALL METAL...99 SEN..BOOST....

It is a super sensitive mode...I learned to detect in that mode and now I can,t use any other mode. I just can,t get used to the beeps of DISCRIM MODES.

Yes ..I know it sucks looking at the VDI constantly but its the most powerfull mode. If you are finding that many silver rings... DON,T COMPLAIN !!!

I been detecting for 6 months and haven,t found one silver or gold ring yet !! But I don,t detect parks or beaches...I live where there is a lot of old history so I been finding cannonballs / old coins etc.

A odd thing about the f75 is the cannonballs rang in at 21-23 ... FOIL !!!! I found 3 and all rang in the same. It screams very loud on silver stuff also...seems to be most sensitive on silvers.

Hope this helps

OP
OP
ryan1980

ryan1980

Feb 6, 2013
Thanks for the info. I got out for an hour tonight. This is what I got

ForumRunner_20130923_004704.png

ShOwStOpp3r

Sep 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey how are you liking that F75 so far,,,,did you figure out some nice settings to work in a trashy park area and able to weed out most of the trash?
this guy found a nice way to reduce iron noise while targeting gold.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You may want to try the 5" coil also. I've had great luck with it over the 11"DD. I thought I'd miss a lot but not so. I've also got the 75 limited and a lot of 22-76 signals are good digs. If the 5" coil came with you limited like mind did. Give it a try. You'll be surprised.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another thing I'm doing is running three tone so I don't like at vdi's so much. Two tone is impossible to run without looking at the vdi's.

You paid a premium for the display. Why not use it? I "X" a target and interpret both the audio and the TDI. In the F-75 they are on seperate circuits so it's like getting a second-opinion on a target.

I run 3H (Nickels & silver coins (and clad) sound high, cents (& aluminum) medium, iron low).

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
A little late here but this is my experience and gold is what I have made my mission in life to find.
In 3.5 years these are all the gold targets I have located and dug, the bulk of them in the last 2 years after I figured out a few things about where gold actually shows up and where the best places to find them seem to be.
Lots of these have come from super trashy sites like around basketball courts and the easiest and best way to find these in those type of sites is by using snipers because masking is a bigger problem than most realize.
Others were found all over the place in public park areas, sometimes in trash and sometimes in less trashy and wide open areas.

The bulk of these were found with my F2 but my Vaquero and Compadre have also found their share of this collection.

All of these VDI numbers came from air testing on the F2 and some were in the ground numbers which could be slightly different from air testing.
The F2 and your F75 should be close on those VDI numbers.

This is how these 25 targets break down...

7 Foil...all ranges

9 Nickel...all ranges

2 Tab...One low, One high

5 Lower Zinc...Large rings

1 Iron...a small clasp on a very thin chain

1 Rolled Gold Pocket watch...91 half dollar

Do not think that gold only shows up at nickel or tabs.
That is the most common areas because of the most common size's lost but the big stuff is usually at lower zinc and I found 7 from just below nickel in foil all the way down to lower foil in exactly the same area and numbers where those sports drink insert caps and gum wrappers come in.
White gold is an alloy and that can easily come in way below areas of purer 10k or 14k rings of the same size.
The smallest and thinnest chain I have ever seen came in as iron and only the tiny clasp could be seen...not the chain.

Just about every piece of gold I have ever found came in as trash, solid signals but in areas and numbers that are trash for me about 100% of the time.
Even the nickel and zinc number rings were not at numbers that I usually find nickels or zinc pennies but usually some sort of trash instead.

I dig all solid signals no matter where they come in from way low to way high.
Since I began doing that most of these gold targets came out of the ground for me.
No mystery here or magic, just targeting the right sites and having the mindset to dig as much solid signal trash that I can and digging lots of other trash to get it out of the way in case of masking issues.

Attachments

• all gold to 11-13 with vdi.jpg
    all gold to 11-13 with vdi.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 186

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread