Silver Slayer

Jun 19, 2010
CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, XS, Minelab Excalibur Sea search, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

Rumor has it that Fisher is coming out with a new machine this year:hello2: Does anyone have any info on this? Want to know if I need to hold out on purchasing a new F75 or wait until the details of the new machine come out!

Thanks in advance for any info on this.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dave J. is the most knowledgeable guy on here and sure knows what Fisher/Tek/ First Texas is doing.
Hey Dave i realty dig the G2 you make great machines thanks.
Gary G.A.P.metal

OP
OP
Silver Slayer

Silver Slayer

Jun 19, 2010
CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, XS, Minelab Excalibur Sea search, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first post in this thread is a nearly verbatim quote from a thread on another forum several weeks ago, where the subject got dealt with.

--Dave J.

Sure would of liked to of saw that post and how it was dealt with! So I take it the answer is no and Fisher is not coming out with a new machine.

Jun 18, 2010
SF Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
The first post in this thread is a nearly verbatim quote from a thread on another forum several weeks ago, where the subject got dealt with.

--Dave J.
Ok soooo instead of dropping in a link to said post on another forum or at least pointing to where it might be, you just spew this mess that answers nothing!

Way to represent Dave J. I popped in to this thread initially looking for an answer as I myself have been contemplating the purchase of an F75 but not if Fisher has something to be released. What ever Dave J........... Gasket!!

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry, I owe y'all an apology. I'd seen it all before recently, but when I went back to look for it, it was actually in pieces in different places including PM. Not all together in a specific post. Silver Slayer is hereby exonerated.

Engineering dept. always has new products under development. Generally speaking, we do not release any information on them until they are so close to production that marketing dept. needs to get advertising and distribution involved.

If you want an F75, may as well get it. There will always be new products, and none of them are going to stop F75's from working. If you're not sure you want an F75, there are other machines nowadays and there will be others in the future.

--Dave J.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW DAVE J. Aren't you a bright ray of sunshine......... Jack@ss!!
Now we have name calling on here for no good reason??????????.... Just keep up your good work Dave.... You help Advance us all in the detecting world...

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the manufactures are coming out with new detectors only they are not all ready for marketing. Waiting for the newest is wasted time.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
The newest isn't newest for long. And some very good metal detectors being sold today have been on the market for 10-20 years virtually unchanged. Whatever it is that we come out with next isn't going to instantly make everything else obsolete, much less stop something else from working just like it always did.

--Dave J.

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dave J. I don't think you owe anyone an apology. I do think someone else who posted here does though! This is supposed to be a place to discuss and help each other not stoop to name calling, so Second Grade!

Olegrumpy

Apr 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sov GT-Explorer II-Goldbug Pro-Eurotek Pro-Classic III-Golden µMAX-1212-x-SH MKII-
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
People always tend to think they will find more if they buy the latest metal detector out there. This is wrong, especially if they're doing well with your current one(s). A metal detectorist's carreer must be mainly spent in finding treasure, not in constantly starting learning curves. A metal detector is no hype, it's a fantastic tool. Ment to be used and cared for; It can be a good friend for years, as is my 1984 Metadec 2 (C Scope), which has a fantastic no motion audio ID that I'd never could miss.

That being said, nothing must stop you to buy a new metal detector if you want to, but the reason, at last for me, should not be "because it's new", but just because it fits your needs. Or because it should be complementary to your current unit (low freq/High freq, screen/no screen, specific unit -gold-beach etc etc).

HH

Grumpy

Last edited:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we are in a time of rapid change and stiff competition. new detectors are coming about fairly regularly(f75,f75 limited,whites spectra, blsstool, xp deus, minelab ctx 3030 etc) . any electronics item you buy will be surpassed by different/ newer models about every 5 years or so. if the the "new big thing" matters to you then you will be switching detectors often.
a 20 year old cz will compete with or exceed alot of these new models. a guy that knows a older machine inside out can compete with alot of the new models. "beware the man with one weapon"
the rumor is of a new fisher multi freq machine but whats the rest of the story......? anything that fisher does will be lightwieght, have better ergonomics and most likely not cost $3000.00

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make it a fully digitized CZ-3D/70Pro with an 11" Double D, and backlight like the F-75 and you got a sale from me.

markincypress

Apr 6, 2012
cypress texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX3030, Tesoro Tejon and Sand Shark, Fisher F75-ltd, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just please do not make it deeper than my F75ltd. Geeez sometimes the depth indicator shows 15 inches or more. Fisher needs to start making digging tools!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread