Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to go to a swimming hole as a kid that had a bath house where you changed clothes. It was in operation from 1911 until the sixties. The lake is now part of a public park the old bath house having been torn down. I would like to dig the area of the bath house but can't remember exactly where it was located. The local Historical Society has photos of the site they will email to me for free! Hopefully I can determine where to detect by comparing the photos to landmarks still remaining, ie: sidewalks, big trees, etc. The state or local historical societies are a wealth of research information. JIM

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I found it. I was able to identify it by two concrete forms that use to be the old foot bath recepticles. In that time frame all the swimming hole changing rooms had an area that contained some kind of a disenfectant that you had to walk through to prevent the spread of athlete's foot. I fouind one for the mens and one for the womens changing areas. I have been all over that site numerous times and haven't found as much as a coin! There has been a large amount of landscaping and landfill in that area and the only thing I can figure is that what artifacts that may have been there were covered by several feet of dirt. The floor of the old changing area is concrete so there's nothing to search. If I could get into the water I think I would find something but no swimming or wading is allowed. The water is fouled by duck and goose droppings like many urban lakes these days. I've just had to give up on it for now. JIM

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's located in northeast Oklahoma. JIM