Fake Explosives and Drugs Detectors

Diohuni

Greenie
Feb 15, 2011
Hi, sorry to intrude.

Not sure if any of you have heard of the fake swivelling aerial detectors.

Here's the latest BBC Newsnight investigation. No idea if they have tried selling these in the detector World, but bad enough they are a total fraud wherever they get sold.

Please spread the word and where possible link to the blogs on your own blogs or sites.

Many thanks
The Fake Detector Campaign Group

http://explosivedetectorfrauds.blogspot.com/

http://ade651gt200scamfraud.blogspot.com

http://sniffexquestions.blogspot.com/

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
The human mind wants SO hard "not to be left out", that people fall for these things. And if you challenge them as being un-scientific, or based on supernatural hocus pocus, you will loose the debate. They will just say "it's undiscovered science". Ie.: maybe they can't show/prove how it works, but ......... heck ......... people once said that man could never fly in heavier than air vehicles either, right? Hence, it's "un-discovered science". Afterall, you can't argue with the advertisements that clearly show the hunter posing next to the jar of gold coins he just found, can you? :laughing7:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The thing is ,if it is undiscovered, how can you claim to use it?
When they said man couldn't fly, man couldn't fly until the science was discovered. At that point , it could also be explained!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
That's called mineing the map. LOL

coae

Mar 20, 2011
Hey I have found over the internet the ATSC LTD website. Which is an explosives detector.
What do you think about that?

wildman4910

Sep 1, 2010
Cocoa, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
coae said:
Hey I have found over the internet the ATSC LTD website. Which is an explosives detector.
What do you think about that?

Wow! What a load! :laughing7: :laughing7: Me & the wife had a good laugh reading this garbage!
Below is some of it from the above linked site, maybe I should see if they are interested in 55 gallons of Molyunobtainieum 843 that I have. After all it'll cure Grandma's warts, 2 drops mixed with ten gallons of water will power your car for a month, and it cure's all known and unknown diseases and any other ideas you can come up with it'll work too! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Anyhow here's the paste from the ADE651 site~~
The ADE works on a principal we have termed as Electro-Magnetic Attraction. The principle for long range detection is based on the substance excitation that needs to be detected, with an electromagnetic field that propagates on a long distance and is not disturbed by the "electromagnetic noise" from the environment generated by the RF transmitters and other electronic equipments that use electric current or electromagnetic waves.

As mentioned, the ADE651® incorporates electromagnetic attraction [EMA] technology to target specific substances. It can accommodate multiple substance detection through the use of our proprietary sensor-cards to detect a broad range of explosive or drug [narcotic] materials. It can narrow-down this to identify a specific substance by removing the individual detection cards from the unit after first detection, until the attraction is lost.

By programming the detection cards to specifically target a particular substance material, (through the proprietary process of electro-static matching of the charge and structure of the substance), the ADE651® will "by-pass" all currently known attempts to conceal the target. It has been shown in tests to infiltrate Lead, other metals, concrete, and other matter (including hiding inside the body) used in the attempt to block the attracing signal.

Any half way sane person can tell you the ADE651 is a joke, but hey the Iraqi's spent 85 million(yes million) dollars on this trash.

The sad fact is that people have died as a result of these fraudulent devices, the makers need to be charged and punished by the countries they fooled into buying and relying on them.

I guess it's true there is a fool born every minute, and he is easily separated from his money!

If it sounds too good to be true it most likely isn't true.

~~Happy Hunting~~

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Wildman, well obviously the "people who have died", was the fault of the operators using the device incorrectly!!

I mean, haven't you read of the OTHER accounts of operators, who did in fact find drugs, explosives, etc... with these devices? You can't argue with success can you? And thus, some operators, when they read of the accusations of snake-oil hocus pocus simply refused to believe, and actually came to the defense of the devices. Because, afterall, they had worked for them!

And therefore any attempts to disprove the devices by trying to show the science just didn't allow them to work as promised, merely shows that it therefore must be ...... as yet .... "Unknown" science. That is, science that has yet to be discovered. You know, like how "scientists" once said that human flight was impossible, or that the earth was flat, etc....

So let's face it: Lighten up and don't be so "close-minded", ok? :laughing7:

wildman4910

Sep 1, 2010
Cocoa, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Not to start an argument, but I far from "closed minded".

$5 of molded plastic and an old telescoping radio antenna is a joke.

But if you really like them I can make some for ya at $100,000 each min order of 50!

But seriously, these thinks are easy to disprove with a blind test and random volunteers.
It is a joke, end of story wouldn't give you $1 for one.

If it works for you or you got super mind powers I am happy for ya.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Can you tell us how many tons of explosive these devices have found ? Can you tell us how many lives have been saved by these devices ?..,.Art

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
aarthrj3811 said:
Can you tell us how many tons of explosive these devices have found ? Can you tell us how many lives have been saved by these devices ?..,.Art

Let's see.... the first one is zero,

and the second one is, uhhh, (calculating, calculating, carry the one ...)

... oh yes, also zero.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI randy sat: It was posted -->the sad fact is that people have died as a result of these fraudulent devices,
the makers need to be charged and punished by the countries they fooled into buying and relying on them.

I guess it's true there is a fool born every minute, and he is easily separated from his money!

If it sounds too good to be true it most likely isn't true.

Fascinating, are you talking about the gov't's or the machines? Frankly I find it almost impossible to
differentiate between them. The end result is the same in any event.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
you posted regarding lives saved -->Let's see.... the first one is zero, and the second one is, uhhh, (calculating, calculating,
carry the one ...) ... oh yes, also zero.
You of course, have reasonable proof of this? Snicker

Don Jose de La Mancha

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
you posted regarding lives saved -->Let's see.... the first one is
zero, and the second one is, uhhh, (calculating, calculating,
carry the one ...) ... oh yes, also zero.
You of course, have reasonable proof of this? Snicker

Don Jose de La Mancha

Many many times art has stated that hundreds of tons of
explosives have been located and hundreds of lives saved
because of these socalled locators.

I don't recall you ever asking him for reasonable proof...
hmmmmm, why is that do you suppose :dontknow:

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
Here's a test that anyone who believes their LRL can locate
explosives should take.

They should be put in a square room with four doors,
one on each wall.
3 of the 4 doors will set off a bomb
in their face if they open it,
the fourth will lead them to freedom and riches.
They only have to pass this test once.

Who's first?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Wildman, sorry if it didn't come through in print, but I was just razzin' ya. :laughing7:

Believe it or not, all the defenses I brought up, are actual defense lines the pro-LRL crowd will use.

a) if the LRL didn't work to find treasure (or bombs, or drugs, or whatever it is), it doesn't mean the device doesn't work. It just means you need more practice, or weren't operating it correctly, etc.....

b) how can you say they don't work at all, when there are just as many stories of their successful usage? (ie.: guys in pictures posed next to their jars of gold coins, etc....). And for these that find drugs or explosives, same thing: there are actual success stories, where users claimed to have had success (and thus .... came the to the devices defense, when they read the accusations of fakery)

c) If you say it's not scientific, it's simply because you don't understand it, and/or it's ..... as yet ..... un-discovered science. So no, it's not relying on some mystical supernatural powers (so don't even begin to call it some form of occult, or mind power, or whatever). It is strictly scientific, but as yet, non-understood science (in the same way people once thought the earth was flat, etc.....)

d) And how can you be so hypocritical to say they have to pass through tests, or get branded as fakery, with a few trials resulting in failures? I mean, let's face it: does every metal detectorist get a good gold or silver coin every time they go out? Of COURSE not. It's hit and miss. Sometimes we md'rs come in with nothing but a few grubby pulltabs, right? So why the double standard saying that an LRL must perform every time? Sheesk, what hypocrites we md'rs are, eh? :tongue3:

Believe it or not, these are exact defense lines used by LRL'rs, that I've gleaned over the years reading their posts. It's just a giant vicious logic circle, where no matter how bad they do, the LRL's can't be disproven. :P

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Gee Rudy…I was serious when I stated I would never use my Treasure Hunting device to locate explosive..Art

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen: which has caused more deaths,

the lrl's,

the method of transportation to go to where they might be used ,

OR THE VARIOUS GOV'TS ? Including ours.

As a former Officer, I learned that many time the end result overrides any present loss, stillll.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread