Eurotek Pro settings

JunkLover

Jan 29, 2014
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got my Eurotek Pro over the weekend and have taken it out the last couple days for a spin. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if I might be doing something wrong with my settings. I get readings that are kind of all over the place, but when I lower the sensitivity levels too much, I don't find anything.

Currently I've got the sensitivity at 08 and the discrimination at 50 (was 40). It sometimes does this thing where the "iron" symbol will flicker on and off, but I'll still get a reading between 50 and maybe 90, so I have no idea if it's actually iron or something else. Other times, I find something and the readings aren't very solid. The depth and the range will go up and down wildly, but then I lower the disc. and the readings stop altogether. Putting the sensitivity up to 10 is too high and results in random readings.

So far I've just found a couple hunks of iron that gave me high readings (like 60-70) and some bits of foil, so it seems to be good at finding actual metal. But I just really want to try and get the settings under control before taking this thing somewhere more public. I'm getting better at digging plugs and putting things back the way I found them, but if I'm poking around on someone else's property, I want to see if I can't better rule out nonexistent items and garbage before digging.

Does anyone else have one of these detectors that might be able to suggest how to make it work properly? Or are readings like this normal? I don't mind digging junk, but I do mind being told there's something there and find out there actually isn't. :icon_scratch:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Are you hunting close to power lines above or below the ground....cell phone on ? or close to a Wi Fi router
Gary

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First be sure and read owners manual if you haven't already. If you can raise the coil 6-8" and you still get a loud response it's usually a can or large trash. In trashy areas sometimes there is a large trash to treasure ratio. Do a coin test on top if ground with clad, wedding band etc to see what numbers and audio you're looking for and have fun ! Here's a video of several common targets and a good digging method for plugs. Always check top of ground before digging plug. If it's very shallow you can usually pry it out with tip of digger.

OP
OP
JunkLover

JunkLover

Jan 29, 2014
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks very much for taking time to read and respond! :)

Umm... define "close." There's a pole light square in the center of my front yard, but the yard itself is pretty big and when I got the crazy readings, I was a considerable distance from the pole. Also left my phone in the house. No wi-fi and the neighbors are a decent ways away in either direction, so I don't think it would be their possible wi-fi.

@Fletch88, yup, read the manual a few times. It suggested lowering the sensitivity levels for random beeps, which is why I've found that a sensitivity of 7 or 8 seems to be best. If I think I've found something, I lower the sensitivity a little. If I still get a beep, I dig. Also, I need to get a new digger/mini shovel - I broke mine today (the plastic one I got with the detector) trying to dig out a rock while in pursuit of some metal thing with a screw in it. Oops.

And I'll check out the video later in the week. Sadly, my computer is a hunk of junk that crashes when I try to stream anything, but I'll check the vid out when I have access to a more reliable connection. I think I understand the overall idea on how to dig plugs; it's just a matter of getting my hands to do it right. My first couple plugs weren't so hot, but the one I dug today was good considering I had to dig out three separate hunks of dirt and grass. I'm getting it, slow but sure. Now I just have to wait a few days to see if any random patches of dead grass show up.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• image-2550657211.jpg
    image-2550657211.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 183

tiderider

Oct 10, 2013
I have one, and chunks of iron that has been in the ground leches in the ground causing a halo effect will fool them all , when the iron flickers it's indicating iron in the ground , when I get into a lot of iron and get a hit I speed up the swing most of the time iron don't sound off, and if your in heavy iron lower your sensitivity will help also, HH the ETP is a great machine for the price, I do use the nel 5" sharp coil on it and it's a hot !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread