EBOLA TOLL SOARING: Warning that virus cases could top 10,000 a week

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Ebola deaths rise to nearly 4,500 as WHO warns cases will increase to 10,000 per week | Fox News

The number of cases in the Ebola outbreak has risen to nearly 9,000, with the number of dead climbing to nearly 4,500, as the World Health Organization (WHO) warned Tuesday that there could be up to 10,000 new cases a week in two months.

For the last four weeks, there's been about 1,000 new cases per week - including suspected, confirmed and probable cases, WHO assistant director-general Dr. Bruce Aylward said, adding that the U.N. health agency is aiming to get 70 percent of cases isolated within two months to reverse the outbreak.

WHO increased its Ebola death toll tally to 4,447 people on Tuesday, nearly all of them in West Africa, from 8,914 cases. The death rate has risen to 70 percent— previously the WHO estimated the death rate at around 50 percent.

Aylward said the 70 percent death rate was "a high mortality disease" in any circumstance and that the U.N. health agency was still focused on trying to get sick people isolated and provide treatment as early as possible.

Sierra Leone, Guinea and Liberia have been hardest hit nations in the current outbreak. Aylward said WHO was very concerned about the continued spread of Ebola in the three countries' capital cities -Freetown, Conakry and Monrovia.

He said the agency was still focused on trying to treat Ebola patients, despite the huge demands on the broken health systems in West Africa.

"It would be horrifically unethical to say that we're just going to isolate people," he said, noting that new strategies like handing out protective equipment to families and setting up very basic clinics - without much treatment - was a priority.

In Berlin, a U.N. medical worker infected with Ebola in Liberia died despite "intensive medical procedures." The St. Georg hospital in Leipzig said Tuesday that the 56-year-old man, whose name has not been released, died overnight of the infection.

The man tested positive for Ebola on Oct. 6, prompting Liberia's U.N. peacekeeping mission to place 41 other staff members under "close medical observation."

He arrived in Leipzig for treatment on Oct. 9. The hospital's chief executive, Dr. Iris Minde, said at the time there was no risk of infection for other people, since he was kept in a secure isolation ward specially equipped with negative pressure rooms that are hermetically sealed.

He was the third Ebola patient to be flown to Germany for treatment. The first man recovered and returned home to Senegal. A Uganda aid worker is still being treated in Frankfurt.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fear, power, and control, brother.

If I can instill fear, I gain power. Once I have power, I can use that fear and power to gain control.

Confession of animal soldier that has seen too much and is too fare gone to come home.

All of us want to build a better world for our children, just make sure that belief isn't being used against you.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A second health care worker in Texas just tested positive for Ebola...

sent from a potato with gravy!!...

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A second health care worker in Texas just tested positive for Ebola...

They weren't wearing the proper clothes. No tape at wrists or neck, and no breathing mask, only a mask.

Since it isn't airborne you shouldn't need a mask, and if you wash your hands you won't get it anyway?

By the way, I have heard that the CDC labels it a class 4 biohazard? I mean, to themselves.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebola is just a Junior Varsity virus......................

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the second healthcare worker was on a plane the day before she had symptoms.. I know it isn't contagious till the symptoms are obvious, so why does the CDC want to talk to the people on that plane?

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebola is just a Junior Varsity virus......................

Its not the fact that it is the most deadliest disease out there, and I know more people die from the Flu etc.

Its just something that is NEW to the US, and they have no way of treating it, nor do they even know how its spread.

its easy to sit behind a computer 1000 miles away and act like its nothing, the whole "scare" part is, they don't have any concrete knowledge of what is causing it. Which is the only reason they are making such a huge deal about it.

I do agree that news are having a field day with it, but its still somethign I would just toss aside and not care about. Plus it doesn't help that I live 25 minutes from where all this is taking place

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the second healthcare worker was on a plane the day before she had symptoms.. I know it isn't contagious till the symptoms are obvious, so why does the CDC want to talk to the people on that plane?

Because they are running in circles trying to figure this out. Its easy to say it isnt contagius, until someone gets it airborne..then they can say "Opps! we were wrong, stay away from people that have it"

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea. I just can't figure out why we should worry if 1 person on a plane is infected? I mean, if they were worried about that they would stop traffic from west Africa, right?

Just let em run?

57chevy

Oct 4, 2014
The West
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 D Looking to find enough to replace it.
Replaced it with a Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some good videos to watch are the Bob Beck videos. You can find them on youtube. This germ technology has been known for over one hundred years. You have to ask yourself why it isn't used by more people or isn't more widely known. You can find the plans to build one yourself on line if you wish to experiment with this technology. Or buy one ready made from Tools for Healing. The unit is the RSG-1.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It can mutate and become airborne but to date there is no proof it has...

I'm still not worried, I have a lot better chance of dying from the flu, pneumonia, cancer, stroke, heartattack, or even car accident.....

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It can mutate and become airborne but to date there is no proof it has...

I'm still not worried, I have a lot better chance of dying from the flu, pneumonia, cancer, stroke, heartattack, or even car accident.....

I agree. I just wish I could get real information occasionally. I hate when information clashes with reality.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friends' dad was a psychiatrists, he would doctor at the local prison on occasion.
An inmate needed some antibiotics for some illness/infection/whatever. No where in his files, and the inmate did not know, he was allergic to penicillin. Within two minutes, every blood cell in his body collapsed. It leaves a real nasty mess.
Man, you'd think ppl would have an idea of what hemorrhagic means.

Ppl seem to have no qualms about going to work sick, going out, go on vacation...... oh, my favorite: the cook or food server, with a runny nose, cough, and sniffles, wiping their nose with their hands, then grabbing your food! yeah......
The real time fear, of possibly actually DIEING from something, you would THINK, oughta wake some up. :BangHead:

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
The real time fear, of possibly actually DIEING from something, you would THINK, oughta wake some up. :BangHead:

I ought to, and I think times are changing now. Should we continue the long tradition of shaking hands? I know that yesterday a fellow extended his hand to me. I really, really thought twice about it. But I did shake his hand.

That's going to change.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a guy with sniffles and cough all of the time,( I am allergic to just about everything), I can see this changing a few things. I asked the nurse that gives my shots what she thinks about it if it became widely scattered in the country,, she said she would quit. Walk off. (I may have scared her, she said it isn't airborne that they know of, and I said I could sneeze on her from 15 ft away.) But I told her we shouldn't worry too much just yet. Don't know if it helped?

Imagine that 15% of healthcare workers said that? The health care community is already strained beyond belief. I think all the new burdens will definitely break something.

57chevy

Oct 4, 2014
The West
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 D Looking to find enough to replace it.
Replaced it with a Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems that FEMA, CDC, and the financial community may be planning two huge exercises this November. These exercises would include shuting down the internet and bank "holiday". Can any one say "false flag" EMERGENCY: HUGE FEMA PANDEMIC EXERCISE IN USA IN NOVEMBER, INTERNET SHUT DOWN PART OF EXERCISE | Case About Bird Flu

It is a simulated shutdown. They are NOT shutting down the Internet or power grid. A lot of misinformation out there about this. But it is a hoax. Just a simulation

http://etheric.com/electric-grid-blackout-planned-november-13th-14th-2013/

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
It is a simulated shutdown. They are NOT shutting down the Internet or power grid. A lot of misinformation out there about this. But it is a hoax. Just a simulation

Funny,they were running socalled simulations when 9/11 occured also,whoops cant forget sandy hook or the boston marathon,also running simulations,exercises at the same time.:sign10:Hell of a coincidence isnt it.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
63315_cartoon_main.jpg

Fear = Control

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Lol! That's a good one!
The thing I am a little confused about is why is the CDC and white house down playing this when they scared the heck out of most of the public with the bird flue and the swine flu?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions