OP
Jusfieldreem2

Jusfieldreem2

Jul 6, 2023
Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It rocked your world, as MJ sang.
We see posts like this on a regular basis. The OPs always believe they have something that they don't. None can ever be convinced otherwise. I've decided that I'll just keep reposting one of my standard responses to these threads...

Please take your find to any higher-education institution with an anthropology, archeology, native studies, or antiquities department. You will then have a definitive answer, which by the way will be that it's just a rock.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So let me get this straight. You know you've found something that's not been discovered or studied before but can't answer what time frame they're from? What makes you think it's anything at all?

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wouldn't surprise me at all. No one in their right mind would think they are anything but NATURAL ROCKS!!! TROLL ON since you can't answer questions!!!! It's been funny tho.

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it’s related to the aliens. You better get the artifacts to the congressional hearing, fast!

OP
OP
Jusfieldreem2

Jusfieldreem2

Jul 6, 2023
Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So let me get this straight. You know you've found something that's not been discovered or studied before but can't answer what time frame they're from? What makes you think it's anything at all?
Most are from the Lenape Indians that inhabited this area in large numbers which has since become much less because of the " Broken Promise by William Penn.

OP
OP
Jusfieldreem2

Jusfieldreem2

Jul 6, 2023
Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take an independent poll, where is your best? Anyone can critique a piece of art. Arrowheads are treated as art but aren't. My pieces were meant to be art, or serve as a replica of something much larger as well as ceremony pieces. Stop deflecting with youtube
where are your goods.
Perhaps he knows it's just a rock and is just having fun trolling

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take an independent poll, where is your best? Anyone can critique a piece of art. Arrowheads are treated as art but aren't. My pieces were meant to be art, or serve as a replica of something much larger as well as ceremony pieces. Stop deflecting with youtube
where are your goods.
Remember what happened on the other artifact forums you posted on and argued with members that the rocks were artifacts. Trolling can get members kicked.

lightspirt

Jul 26, 2023
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Spirit of the Universe
Why cant you guys just let him do his work and present it on here? Its becoming obvious that you want the tread shut down. Why do all artifacts have to be Indian and made out of flint? Cant people express their work and ideals? He is not presenting anything that is disrespectful or harmful to people. Why all the hate towards him?

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Just for fun, here is a post I made back in 2010 that generated a some great critique. I appreciated that input.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why cant you guys just let him do his work and present it on here? Its becoming obvious that you want the tread shut down. Why do all artifacts have to be Indian and made out of flint? Cant people express their work and ideals? He is not presenting anything that is disrespectful or harmful to people. Why all the hate towards him?
Because posting plain rocks and saying they are Indian artifacts or artifacts is misleading to new members who come here to learn about Indian artifacts, and it causes problems on our forum, it is the same reason he was banned on the other artifact forums.

It is the same as the ridiculous "potable art" that occasionally pops up which is not allowed here either.

There is a museum in Japan made up of rocks that resemble faces, but at least they acknowledge that they are just natural rocks and pareidolia.

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The internet allows the uneducated a place to gather and spread their misinformation, attracting others of the same illogical mindset, joining forces in an attempt to influence others with the hope of furthering their ridiculase, baseless, factless claims. It's imperative that sites such as this don't give these people a platform.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The internet allows the uneducated a place to gather and spread their misinformation, attracting others of the same illogical mindset, joining forces in an attempt to influence others with the hope of furthering their ridiculase, baseless, factless claims. It's imperative that sites such as this don't give these people a platform.

Spot on, I am so glad some members understand why, if allowed it degrades our forums.

If a member wants to post rocks and say this resemble something, but are just a rock that is okay, but posting plain rocks and claim they are true artifacts degrades the forum, the same as posting fake finds.

It causes problems that can cause long time members to break our rules and I don't want to chastise or reprimand members who have been here for years because a new member is trolling our forums with fake "artifacts".

Guess who ends up banned.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Justfieldreem: If these are "art", as you say, then it has to have been shaped by humans to resemble the subject item. In order to be shaped, a tool of some type must have been used to shape it with....agreed?

If there are no tool marks indicating being shaped, then it was shaped by Ma Nature. Stones shaped by nature are commonly known as "rocks". Cool rocks, but still just naturally shaped rocks.

If you can show us a tool mark on any of the stones you have posted it might give some credibility to your claims. Lacking any signs of being shaped by man, then you must accept the conclusion that they are just cool looking rocks.

OP
OP
Jusfieldreem2

Jusfieldreem2

Jul 6, 2023
Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why cant you guys just let him do his work and present it on here? Its becoming obvious that you want the tread shut dow'n. Why do all artifacts have to be Indian and made out of flint? Cant people express their work and ideals? He is not presenting anything that is disrespectful or harmful to people. Why all the hate towards him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread