DUMB WAITERS

S

stefen

Had an interesting experience this morning at a restaurant that I frequent for breakfast.

This restaurant, by the way, employs teen girls to function as server assistants and one of the tasks is to cruise about the tables and keep the coffee topped off.

Well, I'm eating and reading my newspaper and this server comes by and asks if I want my coffee topped off.

Now, the coffee cup is between me and the server and its quite apparent that if someone walked past to fast or breathed on it, the wave action would create a miniature tidal wave spill as it was already cresting the edge.

Being that the cup was quite visible, I didn't answer the inquiry. After a few seconds we made eye contact and I asked why she was waiting, which she responded with the same question.

I looked at the overflowing cup and said 'Can't you see that it is full'. Which she responded with, 'Well, some people want a freshening'. I looked down at the cup and back to make eye contact again and said that I was fine.

Am I missing something in the picture?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, your not missing anything. It has something to do with upbringing and brain power I guess. Never ask one of them to make change for a dollar.

My own brother even brought my tip back to me because he thought I forgot I left it on the table. I thought the wife was gonna pee her pants she laughed so hard.

hh,
Sandman

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does seem Dumb

But it wouldn't Surprise me if she was Shortened a Tip,
or advised by her Boss that sometimes people forget their coffee
and it went cold.

offering to Replace it with fresh hot coffee would have gotten her tip
doubled, by me.
But then I love my coffee Hot.

Then again, Maby you should have said Yes, just to see if she tried to fit more in :P :P ;D :D

OP
OP
S

stefen

GOOD NEWS...SHE DOESN'T WORK THERE ANYMORE.

HAD THE BRAINS OF AN ICE CUBE!

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was it Jessica Simpson. Smokin hot but dumber than a box of rocks!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eathabs said:
was it Jessica Simpson. Smokin hot but dumber than a box of rocks!!

I disagree with your opinion of Simpson.

She isn't hot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread