Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go down the forum page to supporting vendors and check them out. Big Boys Hobbies has them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go down the forum page to supporting vendors and check them out. Big Boys Hobbies has them.
Probably just get it on Amazon I have to save anyways no deals on it there. Probably get it quicker. I have to save to like 1500 for the package I want I think if I'm looking at it right

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is where I bought my D2. Price looks about as low as I remember seeing recently. The price is somewhat less than Big Boys Hobbies but you might want to go with them and support a TNet member. Of course it's up to you, the price difference may in fact be a big deal for some.

EDIT: Just realized the link I provided is for the D2 with 11x13 coil and WSAII headphones. Haven't looked to see if they have other coils/headphones available at the same price. Either way, I've been happy with the supplier.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is where I bought my D2. Price looks about as low as I remember seeing recently, but the price is about the same as Big Boys Hobbies so you might want to go with them and support a TNet member.

Yeah I may do so. I bought my first D1 from him without knowing I did lol.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is where I bought my D2. Price looks about as low as I remember seeing recently, but the price is about the same as Big Boys Hobbies so you might want to go with them and support a TNet member.

Though my problem is I'm not a fan of the bigger coil not for my state anyways

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem with Amazon Is there are a lot of Chinese knock-offs on there that will look exactly like what you are trying to buy including the box.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem with Amazon Is there are a lot of Chinese knock-offs on there that will look exactly like what you are trying to buy including the box.
Okay noted

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Boys Hobbies deals with the dealer.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Chinese copies of stuff is amazing sometimes. I've seen Chinese clones of products (not metal detectors) that looked just like the real thing, right down to the packaging and even the warranty card.

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please read my edit on my post about which coil and headphones come with the D2 I posted a link to.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked to Bart from Big Boys Hobbies probably best deal through him and as said supporting a member. I also appreciate he took the time to answer my inquiries so that kind of thing is important to me so looks like I'll go that route just going to take me a bit of time being poor sucks lol

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also thank you for your responses always much appreciated just trying to save money. I dread my job and it's like hell to me so saving up feels terrible. Just wanting something new to have a distraction from how bad my anxiety has been lately. Just needing it at this time. Sighs just a few more weeks of misery to earn what I want.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just a few more weeks of misery to earn what I want.
Sounds like life. 8-) Hopefully you're out there with the coil to the ground soon. It's a great machine and just being out there hunting keeps the misery at bay.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like life. 8-) Hopefully you're out there with the coil to the ground soon. It's a great machine and just being out there hunting keeps the misery at bay.
Yeah though I'm payed semi monthly and only part time so it's going to be like 4 more weeks of misery for me unless I can get more hours or manage to sell off some things I don't use or want anymore

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah though I'm payed semi monthly and only part time so it's going to be like 4 more weeks of misery for me unless I can get more hours or manage to sell off some things I don't use or want anymore
And note I really hate having extra hours at this place but when I want something I deal with crap. I get the hours when I want them because I'm always on time and do my job right. A good amount of my coworkers do not so if I want hours when I ask I get them

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get the hours when I want them because I'm always on time and do my job right. A good amount of my coworkers do not so if I want hours when I ask I get them
Yep. These days that's worth a lot. Good workers are hard to find.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. These days that's worth a lot. Good workers are hard to find.
I don't understand why people can't just do their job. I'm not even good at it my memory isn't the best and my generalized anxiety disorder makes me break down at times. The stress is often overwhelming me but I always show up and do my job. If I can there should be no excuse for anyone else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread