Detecting in Burkettsville,MD

kool361

Nov 19, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV
Has anyone done any detecting in Burkettsville,MD? Its the town on the southside of the Cramptons Gap battle during the Civil War. I am going to go up there tomorrow to see if I can do any detecting. If anyone has any suggestions on where to go or who to ask I would greatly appreciate it. It appears as if there were alot of troop movements in and around the town and not in the park though the battle itself was fought inside the park. I figured this would be a good place to go since there is alot of private land that I could get permission to go on. So again if anyone has any suggestions. I will check back on this post tonight and again tomorrow before I leave.

Dual Hunter

Jan 18, 2009
Middle River MD.
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx 3030. Xp deus.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i have thought about going up there, its a lot of open fields and and farm properties but never made it out there ,guess its a little far to go without having a definite place in the area to go if permission cannot be obtained that day.plus you have to be careful up there....remember what happened to those kids up there camping with those video cameras.......wink wink. i wouldn't mind going if your looking for company.

Joe Kerr

Jan 27, 2008
Hope all goes well with getting permission. :icon_thumright:I look forward to seeing your finds on the site.

K

Kentucky Kache

I know the Blair Witch project was just a movie, but is there really a legend there, or is that made up, too?

M

miner812

I have found my first box plate and breast plate there try the brandenburg farm over 50 acres to hunt. there nice folks. comming from the top of the mountain just before you enter burkettsville there is a road to your left with a plack about the confederate cavalry. take that rd and its the first big farm on the right. it's been 2 years since I was last there but always found something most were fired bullets. just make sure you ask things always change. good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread