Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Re: Davinci Code by Dan Brown

I agree, awesome book...can't wait until the movie comes out. Were you able to decipher any of the codes on the book cover? Well, sinche you have the audio book, you may not have the codes.....

OP
OP
chirper97

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Davinci Code by Dan Brown

No, I just have the audio. The unabridged reading by Paul Michael was EXCELLENT! I saw a new version of the book that is completely illustrated....looked great!

Spoiler Alert for Brown's next book (Demons and Angels)
I'm about 2/3 finished with audiobook...
Would not recommend this one....reminds me of Hannibal...the bad guy is soooooooooooooooooooooo smart, that all the reader gets is a horror show, 'a day late, and a dollar short' type of story. There are interesting facts (?) about the Vatican, but really SO WHAT??

P

PrizmIV

i loved the book but I'm a straight forword Christian and don't believe most of it.

b1pw3ha

May 17, 2005
Pittsburgh-Pa
Demons and Angels is the prequel to the Davinci Code. I personal thought it was a better book. Try reading it instead of listening to the audio's. but to each their own

Boaz

Greenie
Jan 28, 2005
middle Tennessee
A good read as it's an exciting page-turner. but full of religious and artistic misinformation, half-truths, and downright lies ... and not to be taken as anything but fiction.

OP
OP
chirper97

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
b1pw3ha said:
Demons and Angels is the prequel to the Davinci Code. I personal thought it was a better book. Try reading it instead of listening to the audio's.? but to each their own

After finishing Demons and Angels, I agree that it was a good story...especially the last third!

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
I agree he is a good author.

While there is much speculation about some of the supposed factual info in DaVinci Code, some of the info IS factual.

However, I will just say, it is a good read and leave it at that.

On a related note, The movie "Raiders Of The Lost Ark" blew my mind when it first came out.
Now the Ark Of The Covenant could be either a Treasure Hunter's Holy Grail (almost literally! ;D ) or their worst nightmare.

Certainly if I knew for a fact that it was in a cave or building or whatever, and I had absolute proof of where it was located, well, let us just say I would not be too interested in getting close to it LOL!

C

Capt. Buzzkill

;)

...and there is NO Holy Grail as well. Think about it...down and out travelers having a meal at a rundown "hotel'. Remember the significance of this event was written hundreds of years later. It was some regular flatware and probably a wooden cup which long since disingrated with that hotels rubbish centuries ago. Probably invented for the crusades...something physical to go after..and rally the troops for Jerusalem and all that.

The Ark....now that is different. Too many accounts of its existence. The problem with that is all the arguing or wars that would erupt on the account of which country it was found, displayed, owned, etc. The worlds greatest treasure will have the worlds greatest problems come with it.

CB

S

SASQUASH

I agre with MXT_up & Boaz. It is coming across as fact but is any thing but. SAS<><

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While most of the information in the Da Vinci Code is made up the Ark does exist and is kept in Ethiopia (formally Abyssinia). The kingdom was founded in 1000 BC by Mnelik I the son of Solomon and the Queen of Sheba. In 321 AD Ethiopia became the first African country to adopt Christianity under Emperor Ezana.

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
YES I ENJOYED IT. ALSO WATCHED IT ON TV, GETS U THINKING ,,

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
saw the special about the ark being in ethiopia being guarded by that one old guy on discovery channels digging 4 the truth.if this is one of the worlds greatest treasure(or the biggest)how could one little old man stop anybody from just going in and taking it.everybody knows the government has it locked up in area 51 with ufos, bigfoot,loch ness and elvis

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Dan Brown does not even try to make you think the Code is real. In the preface to the NOVEL he plainly states that it is a work of fiction. I found the book an interesting read and really enjoyed the way he wove half-truths, truths, and inventions to make such a good book. I am looking forward to the movie.

grizzly bare

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
snake35 said:
I still have not gotten to see the movie. I live over thirty miles from the nearest movie theater. Any reviews?

I thought it was a good movie. Much better than the initial reviews i heard.
It's a good treasure hunting movie like National Treasure, Into the Blue, Etc.

* Note * do not take you 85 yr old Grandmother who has read the book already.
She basically told everyone in the surrounding rows what was in the book and what was not.
When it got quiet and shed blurt out stuff like; "Look under (this or that)" or The code is Blah blah blah....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread