Could This Be a Marker?

Ankeeland97

Tenderfoot
Sep 25, 2023
I've got 110 acres in NW Arkansas that has an old wagon trail that used to cut through part of the property. And there are multiple stories of Spanish gold/silver being hidden out here. And several years ago a man actually came out and asked if he could dig for it. And he claimed to have a map. But as far as we know he never found anything. But I've been doing some exploring of the property lately and came across this large boulder that just seems too out of the ordinary to not mean something. I was wondering what you guys thought? View attachment 2107036

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at FORUM: ARKANSAS for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from HELP! over to TREASURE MARKS/SIGNS for more exposure.
tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum HELP! contains guides tutorials on how to use the new TreasureNet.com software.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got 110 acres in NW Arkansas that has an old wagon trail that used to cut through part of the property. And there are multiple stories of Spanish gold/silver being hidden out here. And several years ago a man actually came out and asked if he could dig for it. And he claimed to have a map. But as far as we know he never found anything. But I've been doing some exploring of the property lately and came across this large boulder that just seems too out of the ordinary to not mean something. I was wondering what you guys thought? View attachment 2107036
Click on the pic it says page not found, so it will have to be posted again.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Let me know if you still can't get them to load
It is some interesting & unnatural looking shapes.
Go out from there in every direction, look around,
& take more pics of anything else unusual you find.
The way some of the rocks appear to be laying &
stacked, it could be a death trap down under there
protecting something. You'll have to very carefully
try & figure it out. Be safe & don't dig under anything
over you that can possibly fall on you. Not appearing
by your pics, to be how the usual Spanish markers are
made & layed out for a cache vault. You will have to do
the exploration & research, to try for any further discovery.
It may be something done by someone other than Spanish.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It still just looks like a dry wash to me. Very common in this part of the country. The rocks aren't stacked, that's just how they're formed. The big standing triangle is the oddity.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It still just looks like a dry wash to me. Very common in this part of the country. The rocks aren't stacked, that's just how they're formed. The big standing triangle is the oddity.
Possibly at one time it was up righted for a reason.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Apparently never seen a Cleverly Laid Death Trap...
Or Any other set up death trap? Not necessarily
supposed to look like it. I say it very well could be.
There are a couple of other rocks spread out,
with treasure marker kinds of shapes.

Last edited:

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apparently never seen a cleverly laid Death Trap...
Or Any death trap?
Not that I'm aware of, but I can go hiking in a weekend around here and take photos of dozens of different locations that look just like the one posted, other than the standing triangle. (And I have seen plenty of that sort of thing as well, just not in isolation like that)..

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
So?...

Maybe an earthquake moved it around & stood it up.
Or someone used it to skin a deer on...

If you don't know what to look for, you'll most likely never even notice it.
Go take some pics & post to compare, & prove there are more so similar.

Last edited:

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go take some pics & post to compare, & prove there are more so similar.
I'm not going to waste my time. You wouldn't believe the photos any more than you believe me.

As to the original post, I already said the standing rock is a bit odd, but who knows why it's that way? It could be marking a lost wagonload of confederate gold, for all I know. If you think so, go dig it up. I would be very happy for you if I was wrong about it being just a rock.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crosse, your post is an attack and was deleted, please post by our rules, no insults.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Crosse, your post is an attack and was deleted, please post by our rules, no insults.
I thought it was to the point of someone already known to try & start arguments in open forum,
for the purpose of getting someone else banned. Maybe a bit brutally honest, but as you say...

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not going to waste my time. You wouldn't believe the photos any more than you believe me.

As to the original post, I already said the standing rock is a bit odd, but who knows why it's that way? It could be marking a lost wagonload of confederate gold, for all I know. If you think so, go dig it up. I would be very happy for you if I was wrong about it being just a rock.

I ask again, where are your pics, like proof you've been out to do some exploratory
hiking in the Ozarks, much less looking or knowing what to look for as to potential
kinds of Rock Treasure Markers in the field. You do show something, being
not willing to show a pic under the reason of "Not Being Believed."

Look at this person having the audacity (like all of the rest of us that do),
to post personal pics looking for some experienced help (I've been there),
to try and get more eyes on what they can see, but NOT for the stress.
Maybe you could post your knowledgeable pics, & very kindly
just enlighten all of us. I will believe what all I can see...

This is not being considerate to the Original Poster, or anyone else.
You might study the KGC forums thoroughly, all of the Spanish forums,
and throw in some Confederate Marauders, mid 1800's outlaw's activities.
That would possibly give you the info you could use to understand more...
There could be something under the rocks that appear to be possibly
naturally occurring (like they're supposed to look to the inexperienced),
but the trained & experienced eye, sees the hidden in plain sight clues...
Yes, I have pics of ALL Kinds of treasure markers found on land.
Please check my threads, & I'll be glad to show you more for
any serious question that you may have. We do try to help.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ask again, where are your pics, like proof you've been out to do some exploratory
hiking in the Ozarks, much less looking or knowing what to look for as to potential
kinds of Rock Treasure Markers in the field. You do show something, being
not willing to show a pic under the reason of "Not Being Believed."
I don’t think you understand the context here. I was born and raised in southwest Hu missouri, an hour drive from Arkansas. I basically lived outdoors most of the summers of my youth, hiking, camping, and exploring. Now as an adult of nearly 60 years, I still travel and hike all over the Ozark hills of southwestern Missouri and northwestern Arkansas. I have hiked hundreds if not thousands of miles of these hills. I’ve done crystal mining, rock hounding, hunting, fishing, camping, and exploring of every kind of countryside around here. And I’m telling you, based on that experience, the scenes posted here are common for this part of the country. You can choose to believe me or not, that’s up to you. Could that rock be a treasure marker? Sure, I guess it could be. But I find it unlikely. Beyond that I see no point in beating this dead horse.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived in Missouri for over 20 years, hiked a lot in the hills and have seen a lot of rocks like the one posted, it is common in Southern Missouri.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it was to the point of someone already known to try & start arguments in open forum,
for the purpose of getting someone else banned. Maybe a bit brutally honest, but as you say...
There is nothing Robert said in thread that is trying to start argument, he stated he has seen a lot of rocks shaped and in strange positions.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
I lived in Missouri for over 20 years, hiked a lot in the hills and have seen a lot of rocks like the one posted, it is common in Southern Missouri.
Gentlemen, yes I understand all of that. So may I ask, do you see the Diamond, or the other Triangle
shaped rocks (Owl Ears), the large Turtle rock? Like I say, & not to just be disagreeable, if I showed you
more pics
that I've taken, you may not necessarily see what is in them. But those are just markers that are Seen
in this poster's pics. That's why you go ahead out from there in all directions, taking pics, even back
towards the spot in question. That's how you can start to begin to see what is really there. You
will, & possibly have, walked around clues & right over a cache(s) in the Ozarks. Since
there was so much intense activity all through there, beginning with old explorers like
De Soto & Coronado, & all of the many activities that have been known, & secretly
occurred through the centuries since the Spanish & French came through, & had
even conquered/mixed w/native peoples, built encampments/forts, & then all
the Confederate activities kept secret. a totally similar standing smaller and
triangular mossy marker leaning against a 100+ yr. old tree, like sort of
an out of place tombstone. Including with a
excellent nice treasure trail tree marker carving along the trail said
to have hiked from N/W ARK., & all the way down to the Arkansas R.,
south in the Old Indian Territory, in search of Confederate Treasure
Legend, & she said those were the best signs she'd ever even seen
on the entire previous journey, a very serious Treasure Trail search.

These rocks in the pics, have as good or better markers as at the
Devil's Den area spot. There is a pattern of how the rocks have been
placed, that is noticeable. It just deserves further exploration & research.

I've had the fine pleasure of exploring & enjoying the Ozarks, its rivers, lakes & waterways,
creeks & drainages, a few caves since '75, & before I lived in beautiful & hectic So. Cal.

It looks like the hand of man was doing something meaningful there.
Appears they'd purposely marked it, specifically for definite future reference.

Edit Note: The KGC & mid-late 1800's outlaws, were quite familiar (taught)
with Spanish markers, and they loved to use them with their own,
to place their secret war & robbed caches carefully around.

Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you have a pic of the boulder you circled, from up top there? Is there something really
noticeable about it, besides it's large & flat, & it's propped up on a small (turtle head) rock?

OP
OP
Ankeeland97

Ankeeland97

Tenderfoot
Sep 25, 2023
Do you have a pic of the boulder you circled, from up top there? Is there something really
noticeable about it, besides it's large & flat, & it's propped up on a small (turtle head) rock?
I will get a picture of it from up top. I just wanted to show where it was standing from below. But I will definitely post more pics of the landscape up top surrounding it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions