Chest off A1A?

Overeasy

May 7, 2008
Yes, the story was in a book I saw some time ago, but I can't remember where, I may look around in some old notes and find it, but to answer your question, there was a story like that. I love rumors, makes the world go round ;D

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk
Well, Don't forget about the other " Treasure chest story" along A1A, between Matanazas Inlet,
and Flager Beach ... 3 French " barrels or chest's" buried some-where!!! ;D

JoeSWFla

Jun 15, 2007
There have already been a few caches found,by accident,when doing
construction and road building.I have no doubt there are more to
be found.Just waitng for some lucky person.Wish it was me.HH Joe

kevino1960

Oct 22, 2006
West Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark Fisher 1265X
I have heard this story along with grave sites from the wrecks. It would make sense that the survivors would have buried the dead and what ever treasure they salvaged and couldn't carry. I think there is plenty of stuff to be found.

Salvor007

Dec 17, 2007
That story goes back at least 40 years or more. The reality of it is, there are almost no 'swampy areas' off A1A anymore....it's all developed, and if a chest was there, it was found long ago.

However, there is still lots of treausre on the beaches and just offshore in that area! :icon_pirat:

vulcan007

Dec 4, 2007
ahoy maeteys!

tha storeys bout boooty chestts are pirete legen then reall! tha frechmen shipps are loceted neir daytena bech. tha treisure shouda be betwaen flager beech n ormand beech. tha problam is tha nobady knowin far sura! :wink:

follaw tha code me matey!

arrarahrhrhhghghghgh...

V 8)

OP
OP
scrooge

scrooge

May 3, 2008
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Dual Field,Whites PI Pro,Whites SurfMaster II- Tesoro Silver Saber uMAX-Garrett Infinium LS
I was born and raised in Martin county. My dad told me the story- If I remember it right someone tried to get it with a snatch hook and and lost it. A lot of development has taken place on the island area could be recovered, covered up or BS.

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Don’t ya think there has to be some stuff in the river? Was it marsh at one time? How much have hurricanes changed the landscape over the years? I think we have all heard the stories, but who is really looking?

DFD

JvilleHunter

Jun 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Equinox 800
I know this for a fact. I have been looking for and will buy very soon a flats boat. And when I do, I will be on the opposite side of the beach (in the river) very soon after that. Anyone know the laws concerning anything south of the inlet in the river????

JvilleHunter

CaptJohn

Sep 6, 2006
Fairhope Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this in Thomas P Terrys' Treasure Atlas Vol#3.

" A mysterious chest lies in a swampy area between the Ocean and Indian River on the outer bank close to hwy A1A 8 miles S of Vero Beach. First sighted in 1907 it has appeared many times during the dry season but quicksand surrounds the site and all efforts to recover the checst ended in failure. I has last appeared in 1974."

Do Ya'll still have drought conditions there...? maybe it will surface again...

twiprod001

Jun 21, 2011
Florida
securedownload.jpg

PureG999

Dec 16, 2012
Vero Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
several
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this area, as a teenager (many moons ago) we have explored this area. The "quick sand" is more like a muck and a friend of mine almost sunk too far once. If your in the area I will meet with you to explore the area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread