Dec 9, 2012
Central NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GoGoGopher, I'm interested and new to this hobby, fill me in, we are very close neighbors!

redneck13126

Oct 25, 2009
ilion,NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra Pro, Fisher f19, Fisher F4, tracker IV, new whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im.interested im.up in.oswego

OP
OP
GoGoGopher

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do not have a vehicle or drive, but if you get down this way, would be happy to meet up with you...

HH,

ICON

Dec 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey gopher it's trucker. i met you about a month ago at green lakes. i had the over size water\sand scoop in the back of my tahoe ! if you need another treasure seeker ! count me in ! i was a member of the onon.hist.socty. syracuse history is my passion. i have loaned stuff to onon.hist.socty. an i have a lot of 1800's maps. an i'm trying to get permission to detect an turn over any relic's an i keep the coin's. one of the oldest all stone home in syracuse ! 1700. my old XLT. an i wE-ent out sunday an poped out a 1906 one cent.1916mercury dime .1964 nickel.1951wheatie. i live in eastwood. been at it on an off since 2000. is that your new E-TRAC ?

OP
OP
GoGoGopher

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am sorry ICON, but I have never been to Green Lakes hunting...If someone claimed to be me, he is lying to you...I do not hunt Green lakes because they restrict you to the beach...I am kinda flattered that someone would want to say they were me though...

HH,

Shawn1972

Mar 26, 2013
Oneida Lake NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 - hoping to own a few more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just curious if anything has come from this post?.........does this loose knit group exist?.........are people still interested in getting together etc?

Shawn1972

Mar 26, 2013
Oneida Lake NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
k gonna take a wild guess here,and say this thread is dead

too bad

doc brown

Oct 30, 2010
central NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Max, delta 4000, Makro racer 2, Simplex +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shawn1972 - I have hunted with gopher and there is a group of us that try and get together to hunt. We try on the weekends. I know he would be interested in getting together.

OP
OP
GoGoGopher

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do not check this forum very often, as some of the content irritates me sometimes. I am still around, and there is a group of about 6 of us that get together on occasions in groups of 2-4...Hard to get us all together at the same time. I am close to you creattionz..I am just on the Syracuse side of Solvay. Last few weeks have been bad for me, as I have had a sore elbow, and now a Sinus cold/infection...I can not catch a break with my allergies this year.

HH,

Last edited:

creattionz

Aug 15, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Well lemme know when you are feeling better. I don't have a ton of spots to detect atm but I've found a few old parkd that are big enough to hold me over for a long while . Would be nice to hunt with someone who can tell me if I'm doing it right haha

Shawn1972

Mar 26, 2013
Oneida Lake NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice i am on the north end of Oneida lake,as soon as i get some free time i'd love to get with you all for a hunt.

you guys in Solvay/Lakeland curious have any of you detected the state fair grounds?,not sure if its allowed but i'm betting it would be a great spot

creattionz

Aug 15, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I've done some of the banks of onondaga next to the fair but never the fair grounds.
From the research I've done most of the fair/surrounding area has seen so much construction everything is buried under tons of garbage

Shawn1972

Mar 26, 2013
Oneida Lake NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that stinks and im not referring to Onondaga lake :happysmiley:

did you find anything note worthy along the lake?..........also when i was thinking of the fair grounds i was picturing tons of clad/jewelery from the surface-3 inches in the ground

OP
OP
GoGoGopher

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am feeling a bit better, but I think this elbow issue is Arthritis or Tennis Elbow...I just take a few pain killers before I go out, and I am good for 3 hours of more.
I have hunted the infield at the Fair before the new head honcho took over...Now he lets no one in there...I used to work the fair at gate 7 overnight RV parking...I knew a few of the Security guys...Now they have to obey the new guys rules though. It is hard digging anyway as everything is fillled in with crush rock every year. I have also hit the west banks of the Onondaga Lake...Nothing to have here either, as all the good stuff is under 40 feet of Allied's Waste...So sad. You can email me at [email protected] if your up to hunt this week or weekend...I am available between 8am and 5pm most any day of the week. I do not have a vehicle or drive though.

Robert

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions