Best digging tool ever for us detectorists

chuck t.

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2006
I detect for both nuggets and relics and always looking for better tools. Like most of you I'm constantly looking for a way to cut-down on the stuff I pack in the field.
I feel I've finally found the perfect companion to my detectors.

Finding iron often helps us relic hunters locate an old stage stop, home site, etc. But when I'm out hunting nuggets, these small rusty pieces of iron gives our Minelab PI machines fits, as they produce signals similar to gold.
Simply put, the quicker I determine what my signal is the more time I have left in a day to detect.

My Apex pick came with '3' powerful super magnets mounted on the pick head, two on the bottom-side and one on the top of the wide blade sided end. This tool is well constructed and the oval handle fits you hand well,
The instructions that were included are well worth reading and explains why their picks are designed the way they are.
I chose the Talon model pick, it comes with a 30'' long handle. The longer handle reduces bending and also helps me navigate easier in rough terrain.

This company has also designed a unique pick holster, think that will be my next purchase. If your interested in a new tool you can see their products at www.apexpicks.com
Chuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions