Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fishhound,

From what I understand the Ace 250 works well here. We all digs tons of junk and it really depends on the sites you are hunting. If you are in an area that is 60+ years old you may want to dig as much as possible as there are many valuable items that would be missed by only digging coin signals. I will tell you that I have dug two territorial trade tokens and they both rang in the trash range. I mention these two tokens in particular because they are valuable but they are shaped like junk, wafer thin with stamped lettering.

I am biased toward the minelab detectors with multiple frequencies and ground tracking automatic ground balancing. If you hunt near the Great Salt lake on any alkali soil or sand the area is highly mineralized and the minelab is the only detector that will function under those conditions. I am not sure how often you have the opportunity to hunt there, but I have only done it once. Some people may dispute that claim, but I know from hunting Saltaire that there were honestly no other machines that functioned there.

Keep at it with your ace. I know that when I first started I thought I would never get any good and there were only pennies to be found.

HH

OP
OP

2fishon

Jul 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Thanks for the reply. I changed my username to be consistent on the two or three boards that I participate on. I live in a little town in central Utah. I have never seen anyone metal detecting here. Our city park is just full of signals. I'll go over there for an hour and never cover more than a 10' by 10' area. I try to be extremely careful with the grass and leave everything better than before. I've found alot of change and a couple of pieces of jewelry the two or three times I've been there. My wife and kids really enjoy it also. I'm thinking I'll get a White MXT and let them use the ACE 250.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread