Backwards Letters on graves

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004
Upside down, Backwards,some with dots, some with small letters, some with cap letters, ARE COMMON in KGC layouts. They are
examples of "code". If it;s more than backwards N, or backwards S, you will need a course in KGC codes and cyphers from the 1850.

Where is the pic?
Clueman

OP
OP
A

ATGem

Sep 28, 2007
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, & Compass
No Pictures, It was just a question. I have run across this before and it's in an old graveyard. Just know there is backwards letters on some of them. And I use to have a list of what each letter means, I just cant find it at the moment.

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004
It was my impression you knew. Why don't you agree to teach a treasure hunting course for free? Oh maybe we're to late.

I offered, once before, to show others the bent trees, carvings, and metal clues, common to KGC layouts. It got me in trouble.

(Grumpy Federal Forrest Rangers, Upset Game and Fish guys with badges, Agitated "Stewards", former partners...etc)
I have shown others in person. If you have not seen the carvings, or bent trees, or the corresponding metal clues,

come stay at my cabins (www.sunsetridgeresort.com) , and I'll show you the basics. (IN PERSON)......

The most basic concept is....follow the trees....get to the carvings...(even on a t-stone)....locate the metal clues,,,analyze....get contractual permission......dig.

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
TF 900, Schonstedt, Whites, Garrett, GPR, etc.
Well clueman, you can go to my blogsite and see a bunch of FREE articles about treasure hunting. I have also given my FREE help to a number of other treasure hunters. You can also go to Ancient Lost Treasures and see many, many treasure related pictures I have posted. I was just asking for you to explain a little about the backwards letters, but I guess you're too much of a pro to give away any secrets. That's the problem with the forums, lots of talk but not much to back it up. I've at least posted information that confirms what I say. Here's my most basic concept. Find the general area, get permission, find carvings, rocks, clues, etc., make contract, work said clues, confirm location of cache, and then dig. I always get permission first, before I go onto someone's property. Anyone is welcome to make their way to the Wichita Mountains and I'll be glad to show you around for FREE. Just e-mail me at [email protected]

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004
If the author can make a pic available, I would try to directly assist. I know
many of you know to "try the reverse, or opposite of" when encountering the backwards letters.

What is the opposite of N? If you are not supposed to go N, (but backwards) in which direction should you proceed? Perhaps S

What is the reverse, or backwards of S. If you are not supposed to go S, but backwards, in which direction
should you proceed. I'll bet the answer is N

I would love to see the notes with specific meanings for each of the reversed letters, the author made reference to.

Clueman

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Clueman,

I would agree with you that in most cases this would be true, but I have maps that it doesn't work reversing the direction. The N & S aren't meant as north or south. The letter R is also of importance as well. I have found that studying old handwriting you will find it common that the N and S were reversed by many people.

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004
It may be you we're not starting from the correct spot. Following the directions of
go the backwards of N , or S has led me to the next allignment , and further
directions.

Are you the fellow who doesn't believe the overlay works either?
Isn't there a side of the layout with no entrance?
Is that the N, or the backwards of N?

I'll keep learning and trying to be objective, but I'll also not forget what has worked already.

Clueman

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
What I'm talking about is a written story on a treasure map. The words with the backwards N and S don't relate to directions. Are you speaking of a particular map? If you are let me know which one and we can get on the same page here.

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004
What were talking about here is not your map (although I'm sorry you couldn't make it work.)

What the thread was about was backwards letters on graves.

If you want help with your map, feel free to e-mail me Monday, and I'll look
at it. The map may direct you to go find the graves, with the corresponding reverse signs,
then after you have found them,,,,,,do what they tell you.

If you want another thread about solving your map, feel free to post it. or e-mail me.

Clueman

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Backwards letters on old graves aren't uncommon and for the most part aren't treasure related. Are there cases they could be? I guess there could, but I'll leave that for other people who hunt for treasure in graveyards. Let's see here, Arkansas, KGC, unfounded dislike for me. Clueman you wouldn't be a member of the GCR would you? I'm afraid you made an incorrect assumption that I didn't correctly work my map. It doesn't have anything related to graves by the way.
I was just asking you to explain your comment about backwards letters. You have sort of done that along with some badmouthing directed at me. I'm still not sure what map you think I'm talking about that would have graves. Are you talking about the bucket code with Jack's grave? Been there done that. I explained that one along with a couple of other well known maps on my blog. I gave enough information so that others could work it for themselves, but not enough info to take the fun out of working it. http://okietreasurehunter.blogspot.com/ Clueman if you think I have worked these maps incorrectly please be kind enough to tell us how and where they work. My other maps(plural) haven't been published and I won't without permission from the one who gave them to me. Thank you for your offer to help me, but I don't need any help working them. I'll soon be showing others how the copper map was worked. This will include a real picture of the"wolf", the layout, signs and symbols found, and other interesting stuff. This wasn't KGC and didn't go to Addington. If you like templates so much I've got four versions. I guess I could post them on the blog so others can have them as well.
Reversing directions is grade school stuff. Working maps is easy and I've had no trouble in locating the areas they go to. The real challenge is out in the field. That's what seperates the men from the boys. I guess you just need to get a clue man. See I can do it too!

James

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004
2Late2dig.......I think you are a very unhappy person. This thread was about backwards letters on graves
not your maps, and not your blog. (which I have not visited, and after your braggadiso attitutide, I probably won't.)

I'm certain we have not met. In the recent past I worked closely with a standing member of the Golden Circle Research group.
I know 2 people from that group. (from 11 years ago). I don't know you, or know of you. Unlike some others, I don't invest my time focusing
on talking about others. I am not aware of any of your successful recoveries. Should I learn of some,
I'll visit your blog. I have encountered your bitterness in other posts. I am certain that doing the map reading correctly, finding the areas,
and ending up with no financial reward regularly would frustrate anyone...I am guessing that's where the 2late2dig comes from.

As it pertains to GCR, I am aware of successful recoveries. I do believe in following the methods of successful hunters.

I also have not always been successful.

I lost the use of my legs some 12 years ago due to a disability. During that time, my knowledge of signs, bent trees, and metal clues was
expanded by a friend. When I lost the ability to walk, I began focusing on even more research. When you cant walk very well,its EASY to invest your time READING . I READ EVERYTHING I could get my hands on (published and unpublished).

I accumulated an extensive library of notes on signs, and symbols, as well as photographs others sent. My influences were Kenworthy, Carson, the Book de Rey Metallica, and the notes and lessons of my deceased father. (a world class geologist, miner and "explorer") Often during that time, others would ask my opinion about possible meanings of symbols, and carvings they encountered. Sometimes I was correct.

About 8 years ago I commenced crawling around with a pack of rocks to regain strength and slowly try to walk. It took YEARS, but Today I can walk,
slowly, but somewhat better. I think I'm nicer now than I was. Maybe you feel I have been evil to you in some way . If so, I'm sorry.

NOW if your comments dont pertain to the backwards letters on the graves, will you go away?

I pray that you will experience successful recoveries in all arenas and someday.......... not be too late!

I am the clueman, and I just don't believe it's ever to late to dig..........somewhere.

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Actually clueman the name 2late2dig came from working clues correctly and finding that someone many years before had already recovered the cache. Hence the name. I'm actually a very happy person and you're the one who got off the subject of backwards letters. My first post on this thread was just asking you to tell us more about them. You then took the thread in another direction. You just had me confused talking about my map leading back to graves. The map with the backwards letters has no grave. My talk about the blog isn't bragging. I was just letting you and others know that I'm not a lurker who just pops in and makes comments with nothing to back them up. I know other GCR members and they are good people. I do wish you the best in your search for treasure. My only goal is to help other people and to keep learning myself, since we will never know it all. Now maybe we can get back to what the thread was about.

Anndelin1873

May 21, 2011
I have my great grandmothers grave, all I can say is that the backwards N makes the letter say it's name you will often find the reverse N in words like "Born" and names such as "Gwen"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread